Great Sledhead site

j garman

Reaction score
Great day to be alive, it snowed a little last night but could always use more :D. Can I ask if anyone is using Dayco belts on their 07/ 08 apex mtx
looking for some feed back as to set up & results, also would like to put A 3 1/2" riser on to, can it be done with stock cables.

Lets get vertical!!!

GRD

Reaction score
Great day to be alive, it snowed a little last night but could always use more :D. Can I ask if anyone is using Dayco belts on their 07/ 08 apex mtx
looking for some feed back as to set up & results, also would like to put A 3 1/2" riser on to, can it be done with stock cables.

Lets get vertical!!!

Welcome to the site... Lots of guys talking about risers and what is needed for cables. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it on a apex.

Last edited:

Buster

Reaction score
From what I read on other sites...use the OEM belt only it works.

j garman

Reaction score
On some other sites they talked about the OEM belts being to hard & slipping causing friction, which causes heat , which inturn causes cracks in the secondary drive & thats never a good thing. Just getting to know the fun things about my 08 Apex MTX

j garman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, don't mind running OEM but in some cases the aftermarket does a better job with making sleds work better, so you just have to ask. four rides so far very impressed with my Apex, not heavy feeling at all when booning , not even to bad getting unstuck,for 162" when you get greedy, a little tippy compared to my polaris, but at least Im not waiting until jan/feb for my dragon to arrive HA HA HA sorry

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site good to see another 4 stroker on here, I put a 6' riser on the RX1, Had to put extensions in but it was well worth it.

j garman

Reaction score
Thanks NosRX1, Were did you get your extensions from, which ones did you need & what rizer did you use? Man this guy asks alot of questions!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom