Great family day at ministic lake!

daniump

Reaction score
Hey guys, been on here for some time now,figured I have to give a shot out to the people that are battling to keep ministic lake trail system open and in the awesome shape that it is in. We are so lucky to have such a great area so close to home. With the low snow conditions it's still in great shape,thanks guys. Also I have talked to people out there that tell me they are struggling to keep it going,with dwindling memberships this area could be shut down before we know it. Just spent a great family day out there with my wife and kids and would like to spend many more!
Please join up and support the area you ride in so we can all enjoy many more great days on the trials,thanks!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Daniump
Each year in November we put about 8 days clearing the trails 65km
This year we groomed the trails 8 times to give it a solid smooth base
About 80hours grooming x 2 guys = 160 man Hours grooming and about $1500.00 fuel
but these groomers are high maintenance and will need a few thousand dollars in service and repairs at the end of the season

SO we hope all the sledders have enjoyed this season:)

(Quadders on the trail can uck off and stay the uck off)

Need lots of trail maintenance Volunteers

Attachments

• WEB2009-01-20dscn1363.jpg
    WEB2009-01-20dscn1363.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 98
  • WEB2009-01-20dscn1377.jpg
    WEB2009-01-20dscn1377.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 98
  • WEB2009-01-21dscn1407.jpg
    WEB2009-01-21dscn1407.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 92
  • WEB2009-01-21dscn1411.jpg
    WEB2009-01-21dscn1411.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 93
  • WEB2009-01-20dscn1378.jpg
    WEB2009-01-20dscn1378.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: RXN

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
Ok I don't want to ruffle any feathers or anything here (sorry ministik man), I enjoy riding in ministik as much as anyone, but I really fail to see the need for grooming... I was out there this weekend and there is little to no snow on the groomed trail and high hard bank on the sides, and the snow is still waist deep in places. it almost looks like a seismic crew went thru. I took an amateur sledder out with me and he was having a hard time getting over some of the banks. we rode thru several very well ridden ungroomed trails that were not whooped out in any way. and you complain about quads on the trails, when the groomed trail only opens the door for them, honestly they would have little a lot less ability to access the area without the road you have plowed thru for them.. snowmobiles are built to ride on snow, so why are we plowing a virtual roadway thru it??? I mean I can see running it over when the trails are actually whooped out badly, but if that's not the case it seems a complete waist of time and money to me. just my personal opinion. I really don't want to tick anyone off of hurt any feelings after all the hard work and effort put into it. and I know a lot of trail maintenance is involved with fallen trees and such. I found untouched trails in bad need of a chainsaw, unfortunately I didn't bring one along.

Last edited:
Top Bottom