Gps

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few hand held GPS on sale and wondered what to buy and if you need to buy the TOPO maps that they sell?? Will they map your route on a sled and save it?? I have seen the Garmin Extreme $100 and the GPSMAP® 76 $160. Are these any good??? TIA.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 76 at Crappy Tire is a good deal and waterproof. I have the 96 it has colour display and is aviation based. I would suggest downloading topo canada into it.

Cheers

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have seen a few hand held GPS on sale and wondered what to buy and if you need to buy the TOPO maps that they sell?? Will they map your route on a sled and save it?? I have seen the Garmin Extreme $100 and the GPSMAP® 76 $160. Are these any good??? TIA.

I have an e-Trex Vista that has maps already loaded (for Golden, Revy, Elkford, Fernie, Kelowna, ) that I would sell cheap.

I use the Rhino system now and the Vista is just sitting around gathering dust. PM me......

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 76 at Crappy Tire is a good deal and waterproof. I have the 96 it has colour display and is aviation based. I would suggest downloading topo canada into it.

Cheers
The topo canada runs another $150 or can I get it elsewhere??
Will they map your route on a sled and save it?? TIA.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just about all of the GPSs will record where you have been through the day as long as you leave them on and you carry them some place where they can stay locked on to satelites (not underneath your shovel).

That's what I use mine for, turn it on when I leave the truck and I can always find my way back.

ttyl Shawn.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an e-Trex Vista that has maps already loaded (for Golden, Revy, Elkford, Fernie, Kelowna, ) that I would sell cheap.

I use the Rhino system now and the Vista is just sitting around gathering dust. PM me......

Doug -- Did you get my last messages??? I haven't gotten any replies. Thanks Wally.

Top Bottom