Good Ride/Bad Stay...

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I enjoyed sledding at Atlas last week-end. Not what I expected but was good trails with the family out there.

Had some poor experiences at Eckardt Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch. They had a bad habit of popping extra costs on us while the management got hammered in there own lounge. The cabins are cozy, but sub-standard, the bed is wore out, the futon was broken and the water in the cabin was over bearing with sulphur.

I enjoyed the sled trip, the Rum Runner but our accomidations are something i would not recommend.

:twocents:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try not to be discouraged, plenty of good places to stay in and around the pass. Yes, after a fun day the Rum Runner is an awesome place to stop. We rode atlas sat and sun as well. Good time.
Rhodesie.

crowdoo

Reaction score
next time Inn on the boarder would b better if you want to ride from bed.if not bcmi in coleman or blairmore.lots of great places to stay and eat in the pass.rum runner or chippers. gas up at first and last esso.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to all the people that go to the crowsnest pass to ride do not go to eckandt tecumseh guest ranch the place is a dive run down and has not had any up keep in 20 years they use the same ad they had 20 years ago they say they have a hot tub they do but it hasn't worked in years if you want to stay in a very nice cabin go to goat mountain cabins 5 of us stayed there and it was one of the best cabin i have stayed at clean ,price and secure 1st class

speedy740

Reaction score
If u come back to this area stay where we stay, Goat Mountain Getaway. The owners here are absolutely great. We stayed here last month and it was the first time to the area and they even went out of their way to show us where to stage from. They are very polite and super helpful. The cabins are super clean and full stocked with plates, glasses, flat screens, dvd players, bbq, basically everything u would find in your home. All we brought was food and clothing. We were up here last month when they had like 2ft of snow and Dale, one of the owners shoveled off our deck numerous times and kept the parking lot and in front of all the cabins clear. Lol it sound like they paid me to say all this, but I was just really really impressed with their set up there, and I am SUPER picky. I think if you stay there you will be really impressed too:). The price for 2 of us was $110 per day, which I feel was a great price. The cabins are also set up in a oval shape so people have to drive by the main check in cabin so they see everyone coming and going so it feels quite secure. There r pics of the place on the web just look up their name. Hope this helps!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I enjoyed sledding at Atlas last week-end. Not what I expected but was good trails with the family out there.

Had some poor experiences at Eckardt Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch. They had a bad habit of popping extra costs on us while the management got hammered in there own lounge. The cabins are cozy, but sub-standard, the bed is wore out, the futon was broken and the water in the cabin was over bearing with sulphur.

I enjoyed the sled trip, the Rum Runner but our accomidations are something i would not recommend.

:twocents:

who recommended this place to ya

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of us went so we booked to stay where the others where at. Big mistake... Another thing is the price, you folks down south are getting hosed on prices if they are anything like this dump.

At Mcbride we stay at Beaver creek lodge, the cabins are great, new and big. They clean them everyday for you, with two comfy queen beds and the price is $60/night less than eckandt tecumseh guest ranch for two couples.

I feel like anytime your with in a 2hr drive of Calgary you best bring some SPF for the queen cause she's getting some sun out of your wallett...

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Goat-Mtn cabins are great.

As are Crowsnest Mtn lodge. We've stayed there twice this winter and had a great time.

Trails out of atlas are still in great shape, as of today anyways!

Top Bottom