Good hotel to park and ride within 3 hrs of edmonton

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get away for a few days where you can stage at the hotel and ride from there. We're thinking of heading somewhere after christmas. we would need beginner trails as we will have youth with us who will be getting their first sled for christmas. any ideas would be appreciated. Hinton would be a good area.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Reaction score
Hey there.....we are about 4.5-5 hours from edmonton and about 2 hours from hinton.......Its going to be tough to find a hotel or place to stay close to hinton where you can ride from the place you stay because its too close to the national park......For the extra 2 hours of a drive we have vacancy in early january and you can snowmobile right from our cabins on some very easy trails for the kids.......If you want to check out the website its www.willowburlcabins.ca .....Just an idea for you to think about.......Have a great day:d

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride in Valemount you can take your kids to Clemina.You can't leave from the hotel but it is really great for kids.I had my 9 year old his F-5 there last year and it's great place to get around.Also it has the best groomed trails I have ever been on.Every time I go there the groomer has the trail perfect and when you are on you way out they are grooming them again.Also you could ride in Mcbride and ride Lucile it nice as well.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get away for a few days where you can stage at the hotel and ride from there. We're thinking of heading somewhere after christmas. we would need beginner trails as we will have youth with us who will be getting their first sled for christmas. any ideas would be appreciated. Hinton would be a good area.

Grooming has not started yet on our trails but there is enough to ride. I hope to get out to see if the Athabasca is frozen enough to cross in the next few days and will post again to let you know. If it is, you can ride right from town to the trails system. If it is not, you can ride from your hotel out to the Groat Creek cabin area and back.

teamillusion

Reaction score
Swan Hills was really good last year when we went. We stayed on the main trail and it was a lot of fun. There was still areas that you could go in play in but it was a nice wide trail. I don't think there is staging from the hotel. Carrot Creek is a good family place to go. No hotels though. Once you get one that powerline in a fair bit of snow... :d its awesome!
I haven't heard how much snow these places have had. I think Swan Hills had a fair bit but I am unsure about carrot creek

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Went for a little ride today and crossed the Mcleod and Athabasca no problem. There is descent snow on the trails but alot of trees leaning down due to the heavy sonw on them. Talked to a few club members today and we will be out in the next few days cleaning the trails up again.

Top Bottom