Global vehicle sales expected to decline 22% in 2020

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the extras up front on a new purchase does not help your trade in or resale value down the road. No one ever said “I’ll give you top dollar since this truck has mud flaps, box liner, 3m, upgraded mats, service plan and a extended warranty”

You just give all that stuff away . Great if you’re buying used though .
Same as any rock guard on a truck . Lose $2500-$3000 right off the top at dealer or wholesalers.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, thats their sales tactic, nitrogen in the tires, etched security code in the glass etc. Im pretty sure nitrogen comes in the tires from the factory on new tho???
Regardless, I refuse to pay for that crap. Not part of the deal.
If 16k off is what you were quoted than that is not cost, it was close tho.

Etching is an absolute pet peeve of mine. I once walked away from a deal because I was so pissed off that they etched the windows before I took delivery and tried to stick me for $600 for it.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Etching is an absolute pet peeve of mine. I once walked away from a deal because I was so pissed off that they etched the windows before I took delivery and tried to stick me for $600 for it.

thats how the stores make money they pay like $40 for that.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I gather, its the time to buy

Ive been on the hunt for a pickup for about a year now, I’m thinking come June it’ll be hard not to pull the trigger.

I talked to Cariboo ford last week got quoted 67k for a 19 KR half ton 5.0 with x-plan (2% above ‘cost’)....I am thinking of waiting until June and offering them 60 and see what happens.

Historically when economy is the poops do dealers sell inventory for below ‘cost’ ?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, thats their sales tactic, nitrogen in the tires, etched security code in the glass etc. Im pretty sure nitrogen comes in the tires from the factory on new tho???
Regardless, I refuse to pay for that crap. Not part of the deal.
If 16k off is what you were quoted than that is not cost, it was close tho.

IMO it's a better approach to add the small things like nitrogen and mud flaps call them "free" and just add the realistic amount in the background for them.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I gather, its the time to buy

Ive been on the hunt for a pickup for about a year now, I’m thinking come June it’ll be hard not to pull the trigger.

I talked to Cariboo ford last week got quoted 67k for a 19 KR half ton 5.0 with x-plan (2% above ‘cost’)....I am thinking of waiting until June and offering them 60 and see what happens.

Historically when economy is the poops do dealers sell inventory for below ‘cost’ ?

Problem is plants are closed so no new inventory coming anytime soon. The cost of keeping a vehicle on the lot is low, so I don't think they are too concerned about moving inventory unless they are making what they want to on it. The best deal i've ever got was on a 2 year old truck still on the lot, that was a screaming deal. So good in fact I drove it for the summer and sold it to another dealer at a profit. But if the plants close long enough, I wonder if they will delay the 2021 model year so the remaining 2019s don't hit 2 years old.

Looking at a used 1500 now, and there is better deals there for sure, inventory is endless. Better pricing then when I was looking in the fall.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in-law works at the Toyota plant in Woodstock. He got the call yesterday. Going back to work May 4th. Lots restrictions on interactions with fellow employees for breaks and lunches but there going to make it work.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chatted with friend who is part owner of a ford store in bc, said normal sales would run 40 new units a month, in the last 30 days have sold 10. Full staff 55 and are currently at 14. Wholesale market shipping trucks to the states are off $3000-4000 per unit on used lots and vehicles pilling up at storage lots for USA auctions.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chatted with friend who is part owner of a ford store in bc, said normal sales would run 40 new units a month, in the last 30 days have sold 10. Full staff 55 and are currently at 14. Wholesale market shipping trucks to the states are off $3000-4000 per unit on used lots and vehicles pilling up at storage lots for USA auctions.

As far as any dealers i've tried dealing with lately, good i'm glad to hear it. I hope they sit on trucks for months and loose a fortune, they deserve it. Most dealers need to be knocked down a peg and try dealing honestly instead of trying to rip everyone off. There isn't too many honest dealers around.

I am noticing a lot dealers having cheap trucks they would normally never have, assuming it's because of lack of auctions right now.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as any dealers i've tried dealing with lately, good i'm glad to hear it. I hope they sit on trucks for months and loose a fortune, they deserve it. Most dealers need to be knocked down a peg and try dealing honestly instead of trying to rip everyone off. There isn't too many honest dealers around.

I am noticing a lot dealers having cheap trucks they would normally never have, assuming it's because of lack of auctions right now.
. As per usual I’m sure most owners have enough money it won’t matter for them but the near 40 out of work employees at that store alone not so much. Be interesting if or how fast it comes back, maybe wuhan virus will teach people that they don’t need new wheels.... probably not though we are all too stupid.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. As per usual I’m sure most owners have enough money it won’t matter for them but the near 40 out of work employees at that store alone not so much. .

I don’t care how much money the owners have ?!!! They will be noticing it big time .
The operating costs are huge and the bills keep coming every month and the reason for laying people off for a month or two so thous folks will have a job later ?
Going to be a lag in new units coming as factories are shut down as well .
Dealers , I believe are banking on this and will sell the ones they have but time will tell .
I would be waiting till later on in the summer when the 2021 models start rolling in .
Also with the US market down a person might get some good low K used units for a price that makes sense ?

Top Bottom