gas to diesel power

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been tossing around the idea of swapping out my gas 6.0 l for a 300 cat diesel and was wondering if anyone here had seen or done anything close to a similar mod. if you cold help me out with engine and tranny connections / advice/ pricing it would be much appreciated. its an 07 chev 2500 hd with 3.73 ratios

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that before. I don't know anything about the cat's but what tranny would you want to run with that? Do they have a setup from an RV you could work with?

I'll just sell you my Duramax if you want.......actually though, I could see this swap being more popular for a ford owner. Chev has the Dmax, Dodge has Cummins.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that before. I don't know anything about the cat's but what tranny would you want to run with that? Do they have a setup from an RV you could work with?

I'll just sell you my Duramax if you want.......actually though, I could see this swap being more popular for a ford owner. Chev has the Dmax, Dodge has Cummins.

His truck is a gas, I think it would be cool but have no clue how the swap is done keep it post would like to see the end result.:d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been tossing around the idea of swapping out my gas 6.0 l for a 300 cat diesel and was wondering if anyone here had seen or done anything close to a similar mod. if you cold help me out with engine and tranny connections / advice/ pricing it would be much appreciated. its an 07 chev 2500 hd with 3.73 ratios

Are you looking at the Cat C7 7.2 litre with 300hp and 860 ft/lbs?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a cummings in a old chev, pretty easy. NV4500 was used in chev and Dodge. Lots of Cummings swap parts out there if you arnt dead set on the Cat.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i was thinking of the 7.2 l cat me and my buddies uncle were talkn and he knows we could bolt up to an allis,n so im thinkn an unstopable diesel plus you know everyone does a cummns in a chev or ford why not a cat c7 in a new body chev

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be sure to keep us posted on the change over I would love to see the pictures when its all done!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bro in law put a perkins in a chevy 1 ton with a 5 and a 4 transmission.it will pull anything and has a top speed of about 17kmh..he uses it for spraying crops.should see that black smoke chug out of that thing.:beep::chevy:we call it the trucktor

Top Bottom