G.M. aluminum wheels clear coat peeling

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
On my truck all 4 of the wheels are anodizing(or rusting if they were steel).I talked to the dealership the other day,He said they are covered by the factory warranty for 1 replacement only,just wondering if anyone else's are doing the same thing. Thanks. This is the style of wheels i have.

Attachments

• my wheels.jpg
    my wheels.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 238

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah.. long long ago. I know some have stripped and polished. Others stripped and powdercoated.

I sold mine as is and went aftermarket.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look for a set of new style take offs, if you are running stock sizing. I bought a set for a buddy off a 08 2500 ,10000kms rims, tires and caps for $1000.00 Now he runs the old rims in the winter and new ones in the summer.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my truck all 4 of the wheels are anodizing(or rusting if they were steel).I talked to the dealership the other day,He said they are covered by the factory warranty for 1 replacement only,just wondering if anyone else's are doing the same thing. Thanks. This is the style of wheels i have.

Thats pretty common. Too bad though, those are the better looking factory wheels. I think anyway.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheel Works in Edmonton does them approx cost is $135.00 per rim. Ask for Randy they do good work 780-463-4763

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine are peeling really bad on my truck and was actually thinking of getting them powder coated black. Anyone have a pic they could share?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks all, G.M. is replacing all 4 they told me today.so thats good ,,not like it is a show vehicle or anything but still, you want it to look as nice as possible.

hihi962

Reaction score
for future reference.. just a thought, what kind of weights did the tire shop put on your rims? some of those guys are still putting lead weights on aluminum rims, I did a few wtf's when I'd go to drive away and see lead weights on the rims. if lead is used the aluminum now becomes the sacrificial anode and starts to corrode away, especially where the weights were.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
for future reference.. just a thought, what kind of weights did the tire shop put on your rims? some of those guys are still putting lead weights on aluminum rims, I did a few wtf's when I'd go to drive away and see lead weights on the rims. if lead is used the aluminum now becomes the sacrificial anode and starts to corrode away, especially where the weights were.

No they aren't lead weights.And actually it isn't peeling near the weights ,it is all over except where they are..And the tires have never been off those rims .I will wait a month or so to get the new ones on..

Top Bottom