Fuel Mixture on Race Gas Turbo

prairiepulling

Reaction score
What are all you Twisted Turbo riders mixing your fuel @ 40:1 ?
Just curious what to type of fuel to run (VP111 or C12?) @ 12 pounds boost on a M1000 - want to give it enough oil as to not knock out the rod bearings but don't want fouled plugs either. Input would be appreciated. Thanks:beer::beer:

oly

Reaction score
I run 32:1.. a little rich but that wont effect anything and my motor will like that oil

oly

Reaction score
I'm running 10 lbs.. I run straight av gas for $1.30/L .. I don't want to get into spendin $4/L on fuel lol. But if you go to peavy mart or canadian tire ( I bought mine at canadian tire ) There is a bottle that has the calculations for you. Mine has 24:1, 33:1, 40:1, 50:1, 100:1 and shows liters of gas on the side that you want and you fill oil up that mark. 40:1 would work but I would stay between 35-30:1. Keeps your crank nice and lubbed.

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Right, are you running the Twisted set-up as well, Linderman is doing mine and he wants to set it @ 12 Pounds and says VP111 @ 20:1. Seems a little thick to me

oly

Reaction score
What ever Brent says I would do! I have the Areo charger kit, bought from Mountain Magic. Took 1 season to dail it in. Then blew a bottom end. I then bought a new motor sent it to Brent and he ported,oil delete, machined to handle all sorts of boost. I then had Dean @ mad motorsports put it all together and it looks good! I have talked to areocharger themselves and they don't recomend anything over 12lb due to harmonics the sled makes. So I'm limited in boost that way as well as I'm satisfied running 10Lb at $1.30/L .. My sled is dailed in and flat out rips! Everything is so smooth, no lag and I'm pretty impressed with this light little areo charger. Brent told me to run 32:1 so maybe yours needs a little more with the fuel your running. He has told me being really rich on oil doesnt harm hp or anything. I know If I would of thrown a cup in my gas tank last year it would have saved my crank! Honestly I would do everything Brent tells you to run and you will be riding that turbo for a long time!

oly

Reaction score
Oh ya and your sled will spank mine! Need to put the camo exteme on for sure if you havn't

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you buying av for $1:30 its $1:75 +/- here in Grande Praire.

I'm running 10 lbs.. I run straight av gas for $1.30/L .. I don't want to get into spendin $4/L on fuel lol. But if you go to peavy mart or canadian tire ( I bought mine at canadian tire ) There is a bottle that has the calculations for you. Mine has 24:1, 33:1, 40:1, 50:1, 100:1 and shows liters of gas on the side that you want and you fill oil up that mark. 40:1 would work but I would stay between 35-30:1. Keeps your crank nice and lubbed.

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Thanks oly, did the camo extreme this time round too and yes Brent does now his chit, wasen't questioning that part but was looking for what seems to work the best overall. Did the cylinder drop and port, head work done etc. Talked to him today and suggested that we should set it @ 10 pounds to start and run on 100 LL. Will try it on @ 20:1 as he suggests and see how that works out. Going to Fernie to the MM5 on the weekend with the wife so will get a chance to try it out and not get into too much extreme stuff this time around LOL. Just want consistancy overall. Thanks again

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right, are you running the Twisted set-up as well, Linderman is doing mine and he wants to set it @ 12 Pounds and says VP111 @ 20:1. Seems a little thick to me
Listen to Brent oil makes hp and is a good selant on the rings.

oly

Reaction score
Ya even @ 10lb you are going to love it! What Brent did to my motor.. it's Awesome! I might try and head down there to Fernie too, Just have to see what weekends I'm allowed to go ;)

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Just got home from MM5 - Had a great time, awesome meal and such. My M1000 was not quite ready as we are still waiting on the tunnel ext from the states, rode the M7 and had a blast.

Reactions: oly
Top Bottom