Fuel Caddy/buddy/auxilary tank? 03 Summit

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a mint 03 Summit highmark 800 and i was wondering what options I had for gas cans or what ever to strap on in the back rack area................M I stuck with the standard jerry can and bungie cords, etc or is there something that will fit nicely in this spot(still strapped in of course)...............I think someone mentioned to me that Polaris has an auxiliary fuel tank that would fit nicely in the back...............

Thoughts anyone?

THanks

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP makes one for their newer sleds that mounts on rather nicely. Bit pricey, but solid mount. A friend of mine just put one on his ZX chasis. Looks good.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP makes one for their newer sleds that mounts on rather nicely. Bit pricey, but solid mount. A friend of mine just put one on his ZX chasis. Looks good.

I was looking on the Doo web site and could not find this..........just curious what it looks like, I would assume one has to mount some sort of mounting system to the sled first then the can mounts to it.?

Thanks

W

woodies

this is the ski doo gas can 12 lts mounts nice and that suckers not falling off!:d

Attachments

• 100_1798.jpg
    100_1798.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 63

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im wondering if the can in the later post(on the yammi) will fit on on the back of mine? see pic

Attachments

• PC010728.JPG
    PC010728.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 57
W

woodies

measure the distance from seat to taillight and i'll measure it for you,and its mounting brackets are included.little pricey but seen to many gas can disasters.

Dzl

Reaction score
Doo discontinued the stock rack for the 02-04 sleds. What I did for my 01 summit that had no rack was buy a rack/rear tail light assembly from a 07 Legend and it went on beautifully. Looked better than the original stock rack would have. I removed the stock tail light, inverted the stock mounting plate and used it to seal off the OEM hole.

Was able to carry two 2.3gal gas cans if needed for long rides.

Attachments

• DSCI0004.jpg
    DSCI0004.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 53

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
measure the distance from seat to taillight and i'll measure it for you,and its mounting brackets are included.little pricey but seen to many gas can disasters.

From the seat to the taillight is 9" and the rack is 15" wide.

These tanks are available on Ebay also.........Not sure how much doo is asking for them?

Thanks

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beleive they were available from Turple Bros in Red Deer for 99 plus tax, including mouts.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made a set of saddle bags that hold 4 gallons total to extend my range for springtime riding. Used an old set of motorcycle soft bags strapped together with velcro that rests on a seat blanket that has sleeves so the velcro can't come undone...wife made the seat blanket. You can buy saddle bags from doo also.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Glen, you can always follow me, im always loosing my jerry can!

Should be easy, I would be so close i could probably catch it when it let go, :d Poor it into my tank on the fly and say the gas must of fell out when you lost it.........:d

Top Bottom