Front track shock relocation on a 09 163 Xp

fty57

Reaction score
Has anyone out there heard of or tried relocating the lower mount on the front track shock aprox 1" forward as a quick fix to get these sleds to sidehill easier? Does it work? Anyone know of any problems with this setup?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going an inch back is what everyone is doing not forward. But you have to get a longer shock from a 2010+

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need a longer shock. You may want to get an adjustable limiter strap after doing the mod so you can control ski lift. It works great and reduces rear sag at the same time. Just remove the bolts from the front suspension and drop away. Drill the rivets holding the backing plate and remove. You wiln notice this palte has 3 larger holes in it that are somewhat horizontal in theis original orientation. You can flip the plate and reverse it and the rivet holes will re-align but the holes will then be somewhat verticle. This is how you want to re-mount it. BUT before you do that, put it on the outside of the tunnel to use it as a drilling template. stick in the rivets but don't use the gun on htem, just to keep the plate in place while drilling. Its fun getting the swing arm back in place. You should have the track loose for this and use some ratchet tie downs to help pull it into place. Also its un getting the bolts out of the swigarm in the first palce. There are tricks for that

Attachments

• DSC00468.JPG
    DSC00468.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00465.JPG
    DSC00465.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00466.JPG
    DSC00466.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 125

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yea it works great and is easier to pull over, I woul ddoo it again if I didn't have a 2011.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is talking about where the front track shock mounts isnt he? Not the skid bolts? All the 2010 and newer sleds the front track shock lower mount is moved 1" back. I upgraded to the newer 2010 skid and it is awesome really helps the sled especially paired with the narrow ski stance.

fty57

Reaction score
I was talking about where the frt track shock mounts (lower)to the skids. I've been told you can move that shock mount forward 1 inch, let out your limiter strap and that will drop the frt of the track enough and make the sled easier to sidehill. Will that work? There are alot of good replies here and I appreciate all the advise.

Top Bottom