Free set of tunnel stiffners for newer Arctic Cat or Yami

Black Cheep

Reaction score
I am starting up a sled company, and one product that I make is tunnel stiffners with the large snow cut outs. I have them right now for XP's, Rev's, IQ and Rev chassis. I am now looking to build them for the Kitty Cats and Yami's. If you are interested you have to be in the Calgary area (i am in Cochrane), and I will need to come out for some measurements (probably once or twice). Once the fit is done and I am happy with the boards I will give you a set powdercoated with all the other neccissary hardware. If interested, send me a PM and I will set something up with you. The sleds have to be the latest M series or latest Yami.

Thanks,

Randy

Black Cheep

Reaction score
I sent you back a response. Thanks for the offer. Here is a set not yet powder coated. They provide great traction and just dump the snow out of the tunnel. Kitty Cat down, Yami to go. Here are the two pics I was telling you about. The one on the left is a bit of a close up, and the other is the comparison between the traction and snow drop area between the cleets. I have the unfair advantage because I can use a thicker aluminum to make it much more ridged and thus space out the support. For manufactures to do this they would have to also put in an insert or make the tunnel material thicker (adding a bunch of weight). Anyways, thanks again for the help.

Randy

Attachments

• IMG00110-20091126-2050.jpg
    IMG00110-20091126-2050.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG00109-20091126-2050.jpg
    IMG00109-20091126-2050.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 117

REPO

Reaction score
Those look awesome. What will you be charging for a non-powdercoated set? Will you be making them for a 1M AC tunnel?

Black Cheep

Reaction score
Sounds silly, but I don't know yet. Once I measure up the sled, and draw out the design, then I can get a price for waterjetting. That is the big factor for me. I will keep you posted as I go.

Randy

taggart

Reaction score
You might want to look into getting them laser cut, it might be cheaper. I use LASER-FAB out here in Strathmore when I'm building anything. They have a really nice Trumph automated brake aswell. They also have a company in Bassano that does all their powder coating, so you could get them to cut the parts, bend them, AND send them out for powder coating all in one go. Then all you have to do is market them! Easy as pie! Send me a PM if your interested and I'll give you my buddys number out there.

:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom