fox creek/swan hills/ whitecourt?

joe-bert

Reaction score
anyone around these areas got enough snow to ride? Wanna break my sled in a little bit before i head to valemount in mid december. I just want somewhere thats a couple hours away from edmonton to go ditchbanging, trail riding, or anything really i've just got a mad itch to go! As always pictures too would be appreciated:)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last week they had around a foot, not sure if they had the rain or warm weather over the weekend.

kbweed

Reaction score
very little snow in fox, not enough to ride maybe a couple inches

kbweed

Reaction score
the wife and i drove out to meekwap and sledded from there. not much snow around the lake but enough to keep the sled cool, once we got on the power line and headed towards swan hills the snow was getting better likley about a foot or so back there. in fox creek we have maybe 4 to 6 inches but lots are riding besides the highway

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bet probably is southwest of Edson towards Robb, Im told unload at Lovett River staging area just past Robb and head southwest.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best bet probably is southwest of Edson towards Robb, Im told unload at Lovett River staging area just past Robb and head southwest.
i went that area once and found it difficult to find places to ride. however i was a first timer in the area and was riding double with our then 10 yr old son. one sled 2 people ya don't want to venture far from the staging area. had a spare on the truck for a tow unit if needed but still dont want to have to walk if not needed. would be interested heading that way again though with the family and possibly a few peeps that know the area.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive always wanted to ride out there as well, one of the new guys I work with swears by the area, hardly rides around here in whitecourt, usually just out there, Ill quiz him up the next time I see him, see if I can get some direction

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rob area is a great place to ride watch for rocks in the ditches and on the trails if there is no base. I took out my front end on a rock a few year back. but I still ride there lots just have to take it easy in the ditches.

Stuu001

Reaction score
How si the snow in Whitecourt??? Is it worth going to sled the trails? I want to head out that way after Christmas....Thanx, Stu

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from swan hills. Was a good ride. Still need more snow but was a good trail ride. We all had fun.

kbweed

Reaction score
went riding in fox yesterday. trails are all groomed and are like highways. snow is thin in town but gets better by eagle tower cabin

Last edited:
Top Bottom