ford 6.7 or 6.4?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys I'm a chevy dealership owner but just recently purchased the ford store in pincher creek. just wondering cause i'm looking for a new truck dont know wether or not to get a used 6.4 or a new 6.7. just wondering since i'm new to the ford specs how the 6.4 is for fuel once dpf and egr deleted hearing lots of claims of over 22 mpg wich would be awesome as my dmax now is getting 19 with all emmissions deleted! I know the 6..4 makes the highest power with a tuner and i know the fuel system and tranny can handle close to 700 hp but just wondering what others would pick. I use the truck for daily driving to and from work,hauling sleds/quads,going hunting and fishing in the bush, and taking to the track on weekends just looking for some info and opinions on wich truck the ford guys would own and why!

liquid

Reaction score
I had the 6.4 (stock) and the engine and trans were junk.. I didnt like anything about the combo. I traded it in for a 6.7 and will never look back, the engine is awesome, transmission is great and has nice options for towing.

Do the delete and im sure you would get the same or better then 6.4 fuel economy.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 6.4 its been awesome i pull my race trailer all over the country and not one minutes trouble going to take it to summitric this spring for a little tune up exhaust and a programmer the one thing i dont like about it is fuel milage but oh well didnt buy it for that should of bought a smart car if u want fuel milage

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know where the previous poster is coming from, I have a 08 6.4 and with a spartan DPF delete, intake. etc. Just rolled a 100k and I am not even thinking about a next truck it is an absolute joy to drive. Never ever had a problem with this truck. However, I have ridden in several 6.7L and they are a beautiful thing. So what do you want.... All out a 6.4 will currently outdo a 6.7 by long shot but if money is not the issue a 6.7 has a lot headed its way and is the new technology. Heard rumors that there will be a new tune 500 ish hp DPF on all stock and less regens than factory. By the way the 2011 superduty vs the 10 and older is night and day.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thnaks to all for the posts! i really like the looks of the 6.4 especially the harley edition I have heard good things once emmissions are removed and a ton of power on hand. I watched a 6.4 with h&s custom tunning intake exhaust egr delete and fuel pump make 620 on A dyno so I was really pleased with that.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 6.7 and it's an amazing truck. All the deletes are done on it with a 5" straightpipe, h&s tuner cold air intake and it goes stupid fast. Amazing for towing as well

Sent from phone

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 6.7 and it's an amazing truck. All the deletes are done on it with a 5" straightpipe, h&s tuner cold air intake and it goes stupid fast. Amazing for towing as well

Sent from phone

Agree 6.7, that truck gives me the shivers ever time I hear it.

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
I have a 2008 F350 6.4 and its an awesome truck I pull a 14,000lb excavator and bobcat around on a daily basis I own a small landscape company I cant say enough good things about Ford stuff I will agree the 2008-10 are a little thirsty but what eles can you expect from a 10,000lb truck. And too post #2 I don't think anything Ford makes is junk which explains why they didn't file for bankruptcy like a couple other big brands out there, you probably had a lemon! Some of the international engines had some 'junky' design issues maybe but that's not fords design!

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are awesome trucks. The 6.4 is an animal once the deletes are done...nothing can touch it with just an intake, exhaust and good tuner. Im considering a 6.7 but not for another year or 2. Wait for the bugs to be worked out and see how the new engine does...Either or, you will be please

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You own a dealership, and are asking about buying a used truck?
:confused:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are awesome trucks. The 6.4 is an animal once the deletes are done...nothing can touch it with just an intake, exhaust and good tuner. Im considering a 6.7 but not for another year or 2. Wait for the bugs to be worked out and see how the new engine does...Either or, you will be please

If you can afford the shitty 7mpg or so,.. but we all have patch jobs right :)

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
Actually paying the crappy mpg vs a new truck payment its probably way cheaper to keep the old one not to mention real world mpg on the new engine is probably not way better, but it is better! :)

Top Bottom