Foam air filter

rounder

Reaction score
Hi im really new to dirt bikes. first ride was last weekend. had alot of help from the guys i went camping with as far as maintenance goes but after all the beer:beer: i start to suffer from C.R.A.F.T. just wondering how long to soak my air filter in gas before drying it back out again? also do i cover the whole outside of the filter with oil or just the seating area? its a 2002 kawasaki kx 250 if that matters at all. thanks for any help you can give.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas does work for cleaning out the old oil and dirt, put I wouldn't soak it ....just rinse it out...then leave over night to dry. ( an old trick I was shown once, rinse a few times, till clean, then wring out the gas, mount the filter and start the bike, it will sound odd but will suck out all the gas, then remove oil and your ready to go, ONLY do this if you’re in bind)

We use Amsoil's air filter cleaner.

Buy a spare filter or two and always have a clean one with you.
We use Amsoil's air filter oil and spray a thin even amount all over then work it into the material with your fingers to make sure it's even, on the sealing lip and all over the outside.

Have found that Twin Airs filter take the punishment of multiple cleanings a lot better than stock filter's. Then I squeeze the filter as gently as possible to make sure that any access oil is removed, I like to do them up ahead of time to let them tack up, store the extras in a vented plastic bag until needed.

There are other brands of cleaner and oil, but Amsoil is a premium product…..and yes we use and sell it.....:perfect10:

rounder

Reaction score
all right then thanks i will pick some up today. and a spare filter too

Top Bottom