First time in my life 3 inches was almost too much!

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Website
www.adrenalinejunkiesinc.ca
Installed a 3 inch challenger extreme in a buddies m1100 turbo hcr for him last night. Just barely fits. However the outside lugs hit the tunnel where it is tapered in. Anybody else done a 3 inch on a 2012 yet? If you are planning on it make sure the shop that cuts the track down to 15 inches tapers the lugs in enough to clear the tunnel. This track was cut by a shop that hadn't put one in a 2012 yet. But after Alot of kicking and swearing and pushing, the drivers went in and had about 3/8 inch clearance from the track to the cooler. She fits! But barely.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't think that is too tight? I'm just thinking about plugging, track slop, and ice buildup.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying there's only 3\8's" from the top of the paddles to the tunnel top, or is this just the very edge of the track, where the outside edge of the paddle meets the slope of the tunnel?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Website
3/8 to the cooler. The track lugs rub the side of the tunnel right now. The guy that owns the sled is on a trim the lugs back do they don't rub. The track looks like it was cut to fit a m series style tunnel, and the taper of the tunnel on the proclimb interferes with the lugs so they have to be trimmed. That's why I said that whoever cuts the track down for you, make sure try have put one in a proclimb before so they know how to angle te outside lugs. If they are getting paid to cut the trak down they may as well do it right.
Are you saying there's only 3\8's" from the top of the paddles to the tunnel top, or is this just the very edge of the track, where the outside edge of the paddle meets the slope of the tunnel?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO, 3/8" is fine. Whether you have 3/8" or 3/4" clearance, the area in the front of the tunnel is going to pack up with snow except where the track is contacting and clearing it out. I believe more clearance just means more snow packed in the tunnel. As long as the track does not contact the tunnel at any time, you have enough clearance. Just my opinion, others will likely disagree.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Are you doing any gearing changes/clutching?

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed a 3 inch challenger extreme in a buddies m1100 turbo hcr for him last night. Just barely fits. However the outside lugs hit the tunnel where it is tapered in. Anybody else done a 3 inch on a 2012 yet? If you are planning on it make sure the shop that cuts the track down to 15 inches tapers the lugs in enough to clear the tunnel. This track was cut by a shop that hadn't put one in a 2012 yet. But after Alot of kicking and swearing and pushing, the drivers went in and had about 3/8 inch clearance from the track to the cooler. She fits! But barely.
If you don't mind me asking, how big of a job is this on the M1100T ? Let us know how it performs, should be real impressive I would think.

stangstretch

Reaction score
I did the track in mine yesterday, took me about 2hr's to get out and 2.5 to get back in by myself, i have done tracks before so i wasnt clueless and my buddy had done one in his proclimb so he gave me a few pointers. I put a 2.5 camo in mine tho...

• Thanks
Reactions: K45

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Website
I did the 3 inch in an hour 15 minutes to take it out and back in with the 3 inch and back running in 2 hrs. I did another track on a proclimb before that too. Not much more on the 4 stroke to do, other than oil lines and the reverse,

Top Bottom