First ride after having both knees replace!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After having my right knee replaced on Dec 13, 2017 and my left replaced Mar 28, 2018 today was my first mountain ride. I definately have to say I hav little to no pain when riding or walking. Tonight they are stiff and tomorrow I expect to have sore muscles but best ride I've had in a few years.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
After having my right knee replaced on Dec 13, 2017 and my left replaced Mar 28, 2018 today was my first mountain ride. I definately have to say I hav little to no pain when riding or walking. Tonight they are stiff and tomorrow I expect to have sore muscles but best ride I've had in a few years.

Way to go..............nice to see you back at it once again!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was great to get back on the sled, it snowed most of the day in kakwa. Definately didn't ride as hard as I did many years ago but will work back into abusing the sled.hahaha

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was great to get back on the sled, it snowed most of the day in kakwa. Definately didn't ride as hard as I did many years ago but will work back into abusing the sled.hahaha

As long as it's only the sled your abusing. Generally some of that sled abuse translates into your own body abuse. Not sure what kind of warranty your knees have but I would take good care of them. You can replace as many sleds as you want but i'm not sure the same can be said about your knees.
Take it easy and enjoy it for what it is.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as it's only the sled your abusing. Generally some of that sled abuse translates into your own body abuse. Not sure what kind of warranty your knees have but I would take good care of them. You can replace as many sleds as you want but i'm not sure the same can be said about your knees.
Take it easy and enjoy it for what it is.
My surgeon actually told me to get out and do it! You will never hurt the implant but you could tear it out of the bone. Which would be a major fing ouch. Ride a bit more cautious, I won't be racing cross country or snow cross anymore. Deep powder is where it's at anyway!!!! ������ Lets just get out and ride.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is if you have been told you will need a new knee or knees, don't procrastinate, get it or them done go into it with a positive attitude and do the exercises and stretches requested. Being able to walk and ride virtually pain free is amazing.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
all i can say is if you have been told you will need a new knee or knees, don't procrastinate, get it or them done go into it with a positive attitude and do the exercises and stretches requested. Being able to walk and ride virtually pain free is amazing.
so good to hear... I've been on the waiting list a year, and it's now supposed to happen in january or February, and I'm quite nervous about it :)

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is if you have been told you will need a new knee or knees, don't procrastinate, get it or them done go into it with a positive attitude and do the exercises and stretches requested. Being able to walk and ride virtually pain free is amazing.

so good to hear... I've been on the waiting list a year, and it's now supposed to happen in january or February, and I'm quite nervous about it :)

don't be nervous. Like Got Boost says go into it with a positive attitude. I remember my Grandmother saying that if she knew earlier that should have not waited as long as she did.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be nervous,with the pain gone you have a whole new lease on life. You will never regret getting them replaced.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode local again today trail was rough due to lack of snow. New knees get better with each day and each ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom