fired up a 6 cylinder 2 stroke

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
https://youtu.be/dBUUTBGuzvM

bought the boat in May, haven't had time to take any looks at it until three-four weeks ago. Replaced fuel lines, chased some wiring gremlins, charged up the battery. Bolted down one of the front seats a bit better. Added some hydro fluid to the power trim, fresh fuel, went to fire it up with the new primer working like a charm, no fire. Turns out I had no spark. (After my dads f150 no spark problem I almost pooped...) I did some trouble shooting and determined that the switch box was the faulty item, it was between the switch box and the coil being the problem, and the coils supposedly never go bad on the old outboard Mercury motors, so I went looking for a switch box. Looked for a week, couldn't find any locally or on classifieds. Went to eBay found a left over new one for $200 shipped. Slapped that sucker on tonight, added some fuel to a few cylinders to prime it, and it fired right up!

Boat $500
trailer $250
switch box $215
fuel line/primer $20
trailer light kit $80

total $1065

i'd say I could drop another thousand or so more into it easily for upholstery, a prop, some gel coat work, and some new wood pieces... Maybe a wrap. Lol

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the price I like to pay for all my toys.
I'd rock that beast for sure but not around wake board boats

Top Bottom