Fernie?? Elkford??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In Fernie, there is snow and if you are in "explore mode" you can find some untracked in the trees.

Saturday (Feb 18th is a free day with no trail passes) is a Family Day club ride with dogs, burgers, etc at the Wrangler's Cabin. All are welcome, so come out and enjoy.

Elkford, is about the same. Lots of untracked in the trees but you have to be adventure some. Pick up a volunteer trail pass at one of the gas stations to help pay for fuel for the groomer.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool Is there a diff between trail passes and a volunteer trail pass? When we ride CNP we stop at the Husky and get day passes. We should become members of the club to save a little $ but we think it is better all the $ going to the clubs that buying a ASA pass. True or false?? Is Fernie and Elkford part of the Crow club? Thanks!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool Is there a diff between trail passes and a volunteer trail pass? When we ride CNP we stop at the Husky and get day passes. We should become members of the club to save a little $ but we think it is better all the $ going to the clubs that buying a ASA pass. True or false?? Is Fernie and Elkford part of the Crow club? Thanks!!

Fernie & Elkford have their own clubs.... ASA = Alberta Snowmobile Association you can buy annual passes that are good for ALL alberta trails for $60 before Dec 31, or $70 after Jan 1. Otherwise $15 a time......

Fernie has trail fee's collected at trail heads by people, Elkford is called voluntary as they don't have people standing out there waiting for you to take your money..... Support the local economy, keep the trails groomed, pay your $10-$20.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie & Elkford have their own clubs.... ASA = Alberta Snowmobile Association you can buy annual passes that are good for ALL alberta trails for $60 before Dec 31, or $70 after Jan 1. Otherwise $15 a time......

Fernie has trail fee's collected at trail heads by people, Elkford is called voluntary as they don't have people standing out there waiting for you to take your money..... Support the local economy, keep the trails groomed, pay your $10-$20.

Right on Tyler......

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wife and i will be down in elkford and fernie this weekend as well, going to go explore elkford this weekend but may head up to the wrangler cabin. yellow doo and a red doo with skis likely in tow. say hi if your out.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wife and i will be down in elkford and fernie this weekend as well, going to go explore elkford this weekend but may head up to the wrangler cabin. yellow doo and a red doo with skis likely in tow. say hi if your out.
WILL DOO We have 2 orange/black one yellow and a heinz 57

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just want to say thanks to everyone we chatted with in Elkford this past weekend!! huge props to every one, friendly and informative. My wife and I had a great time and even practiced some tandeming for sled skiing. adventuresome with only a few "plan B" ejections.
Thanks again!
cassidy

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

I think we met you head on coming out of Smith on Saturday, was a big group of us at the downed tree?

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we met you head on coming out of Smith on Saturday, was a big group of us at the downed tree?
Were we pulling a sled? We ended up having a brutal weekend but made up for it by meeting alot of great people...even saw my old boss from 1981 Hope you had a great time

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha yes that was us at the downed tree, took us a few minutes to back up. the wife was pretty unsure of what to do. She had a great time out there and such great terrain, went a little further down the trail on sunday to mear. good vis and good snow. just a heads up, there is a 3 cm suncrust/temp crust with some very reactive hoar on it. there was some soft slab with shooting cracks in untracked terrain and several natural .5's and sluffs in steeper windloaded shallow terrain. the surface hoar failed instantly on a CTE3, however the rest of the pit we dug with a depth of 200cm scored CTH30 on an se/e aspect. Something to keep in mind and is quite prevalent everywhere it would seem.

Top Bottom