Feedback/suggestions on mods

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about what to do to my 2009 M8 for next year. I have been researching mods and prices and I have come up with some ideas...
-a HMP seat
-D&D Big Dawg Barker can and Y-pipe
-Boondocker NOS kit - already have the control box

Does anyone have any feedback on these items, good or bad? Thanks for your help!!
AJ20

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about what to do to my 2009 M8 for next year. I have been researching mods and prices and I have come up with some ideas...
-a HMP seat
-D&D Big Dawg Barker can and Y-pipe
-Boondocker NOS kit - already have the control box

Does anyone have any feedback on these items, good or bad? Thanks for your help!!
AJ20

Boought an HMP seat for my Rev from Tachycardia Performance and love it. Seems hard when you first get it but it's great now. Install was a snap.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boought an HMP seat for my Rev from Tachycardia Performance and love it. Seems hard when you first get it but it's great now. Install was a snap.

Thanks for the info! I have heard some feedback that people like these better then the Boss seats.... Do you find that the seat wears from your boots?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i approve lol.

except why just the ypipe and can might as well complete the flow package with a pipe?

since your going too be playing with the fuel settings.

also...

boondocker nitrous is amazing

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i got hasseld last year for trying to do the same mods and i learnt about 2000 bucks later that a pump gas urbo would have been much cheaper per hp. the happy gas will become boring and then the need for mor will come. as i have heard way to often....turbo it and be done

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I have heard some feedback that people like these better then the Boss seats.... Do you find that the seat wears from your boots?

I don't stand on my seat....Just kidding, it's only been on the sled for 600 or 700 Kms but I haven't noticed any wear yet.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey amyjane i had the speedwerx y pipe, mbrp can and vforce reeds and i can tell u i loved my 09 m8. a couple other mods that i highly recommend that i had on mine and will be puttin on my 10 m8 is the side vent panels and for the 09 u really need to put the frogskinz vent covers on the front cause the stock ones just jam snow and ice in the nose of the sled on heavy pow days, makin it a pain in the azz to open ur hood sometimes, and for thawing out.

as for the wearing on the the side of the seat its not as major as u may be thinking its very minor discoloration in a very small area, probably not noticable if u werent told or looking for it:beer::beer:

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i approve lol.

except why just the ypipe and can might as well complete the flow package with a pipe?

since your going too be playing with the fuel settings.

also...

boondocker nitrous is amazing

I am planning on doing a pipe too when I find a good deal on one... lol

Did you have any issues setting up the nitrous? Did you have to play with it a lot to get it set right?

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got hasseld last year for trying to do the same mods and i learnt about 2000 bucks later that a pump gas urbo would have been much cheaper per hp. the happy gas will become boring and then the need for mor will come. as i have heard way to often....turbo it and be done

A turbo was my first choice, believe me... ;) But I have heard that you don't have many issues with the ypipe, can, etc. as you do with a turbo. Also I can get all this stuff used for way cheaper then a turbo. Maybe I should have just bought the RTR and been done with it, LOL

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey amyjane i had the speedwerx y pipe, mbrp can and vforce reeds and i can tell u i loved my 09 m8. a couple other mods that i highly recommend that i had on mine and will be puttin on my 10 m8 is the side vent panels and for the 09 u really need to put the frogskinz vent covers on the front cause the stock ones just jam snow and ice in the nose of the sled on heavy pow days, makin it a pain in the azz to open ur hood sometimes, and for thawing out.

as for the wearing on the the side of the seat its not as major as u may be thinking its very minor discoloration in a very small area, probably not noticable if u werent told or looking for it:beer::beer:

Thanks, I will do that. I had the same issue with my 2007 M1000 and those front vents. I am going to order some side vents as well...
- I am going to get the white star vents.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will do that. I had the same issue with my 2007 M1000 and those front vents. I am going to order some side vents as well...
- I am going to get the white star vents.

ya those white star vents would look sweet on the sno pro w the white hood if thats what ur getting

Top Bottom