Father & Son Sledding Buddies

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to hook up for some riding with someone who also brings their early teen along to Revy. I've been riding there for years and now am riding with my son who has been riding his own sled for the past couple of years (Polaris 800 w 151, now a new Nytro w 153). He's getting pretty good and can definitely hold his own for the most part getting back to Turbo, up Keystone, tree riding at Sale, etc. My regular riding buddies are a great bunch but they don't have kids that ride so some company for him would be a plus. Would be interested in joining up to have fun and potentially even split some of the trip costs. Let me know or PM me.
See you on the hill!

GRD

Reaction score
:rant:
Looking to hook up for some riding with someone who also brings their early teen along to Revy. I've been riding there for years and now am riding with my son who has been riding his own sled for the past couple of years (Polaris 800 w 151, now a new Nytro w 153). He's getting pretty good and can definitely hold his own for the most part getting back to Turbo, up Keystone, tree riding at Sale, etc. My regular riding buddies are a great bunch but they don't have kids that ride so some company for him would be a plus. Would be interested in joining up to have fun and potentially even split some of the trip costs. Let me know or PM me.
See you on the hill!

JJ. My father (BAD ASS) and I ride together. We ride with another Father son team (BIGFOOT and the Champ). BF and BA are brothers... Lots of good times and good memories! I'll send you a pm next time we plan to ride... We all ride polaris... Not biased, we have lots of friends and ride with others that ride everything else too!:eek:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
:rant:

JJ. My father (BAD ASS) and I ride together. We ride with another Father son team (BIGFOOT and the Champ). BF and BA are brothers... Lots of good times and good memories! I'll send you a pm next time we plan to ride... We all ride polaris... Not biased, we have lots of friends and ride with others that ride everything else too!:eek:
...Fixed it 4 U GRD ! :):beer:

Attachments

• Crowsnest - sleddin 002.jpg
    Crowsnest - sleddin 002.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 58

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks GRD! Great pic posted by Bigfoot. I would post one of my son from the weekend of Nov 15th but I have no idea how to do it? Any advice on how or where I can get help to figure it out? I tried clicking on the "Insert Image" button but I don't have a URL (don't think so anyway).

I used to ride Polaris for years from a 1976 Cobra 440 to the last one being a 1994 Storm. Tried pretty much everything else since then and just switched to Team Blue this spring. I'm thrilled with my T-Apex and the Nytro has been a nice step up for my son as the Phazer MTX just was not even close to keeping up. As far as I'm concerned they are all great as long as they work and get you there and back! Doesn't matter what brand when they are on the end of a rope and they are all heavy when stuck in 6 feet of powder. The trick being of course is to not get stuck...

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks GRD! Great pic posted by Bigfoot. I would post one of my son from the weekend of Nov 15th but I have no idea how to do it? Any advice on how or where I can get help to figure it out? I tried clicking on the "Insert Image" button but I don't have a URL (don't think so anyway).

I used to ride Polaris for years from a 1976 Cobra 440 to the last one being a 1994 Storm. Tried pretty much everything else since then and just switched to Team Blue this spring. I'm thrilled with my T-Apex and the Nytro has been a nice step up for my son as the Phazer MTX just was not even close to keeping up. As far as I'm concerned they are all great as long as they work and get you there and back! Doesn't matter what brand when they are on the end of a rope and they are all heavy when stuck in 6 feet of powder. The trick being of course is to not get stuck...

Use the paperclip to attach a picture if you have no url link.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks GRD. Hopefully this works. Here's Ty up at Sale on Nov 15th.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks GRD and Bigfoot for the pic advice. Hopefully this works and you can see the picture of Ty on his new Nytro. Instead of a lightweight sled, turns out you just need a lightweight rider! Something I am NOT... thus the turbo.

Attachments

• Tynytro.jpg
    Tynytro.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 43

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of Ty on his Nytro. Instead of a lightweight sled I guess a lightweight rider works too. He actually found it very easy to pull over for side hilling as did my buddy when he pulled it too far over after switching from his '04 Rev. Hope the pic works this time! Tynytro.jpg

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will send you a PM...I ride pretty regular with my two teenage boys..they ride with our group regularly and are getting to be pretty good riders. They are 15 and 17 and have been in the mountains for about 4 to 5 years..we ride Fernie alot which is not too far for you...lots of my group comes from Calgary..

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Nice that you can enjoy sleddin with your family Jim. They will remember it forever I'm sure. :d
MIne are 11 and 14 and both riding phazers.....one boosted at the moment. They go to Revy with me a few times a year and we usually have a blast.
Glad you are enjoying the snow with the kids.:beer:
RS

Top Bottom