Factory Warranty and Grip and Rip Braces (Ski-Doo)

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues or concerns about possibly voiding warranties after OR before installing these kits??? Don't think there would be an issue, but would like some outside opinions on this scenario....

Grip and rip Lower A-arm and Module Braces have an awesome reputation for saving the sleds of some pretty bad damage....

BUT, when the sled goes in for a warranty issue (whatever it may be, hopefully nothing but you never know) do u think they will turn their noses up at the bracing????

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No expirience with it but cant see why they wouldnt honor the warranty. Its not really modifying it in any way

Kinda what I thought, and if anything it would be making it better.... Just thought Id toss it out there.... i know A LOT of people with the kit, and unfortunately no-one I know has warranty. I bought a '13 X, and have the kit on my parts shelf, but am a little bit nervous, as I have 3 year warranty...

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my expirience with another other warranty not a sled. "If it can cause distress on a part, it is usually at a tech's discression if your modification will void warranty on it" this was from gm at a chevy dealership on my lowered, tuned truck. If my suspension caused adriveline failure (which is common on lowered trucks) If the bigger wheels/tuner cause a rear end to pop or tranny, then I would be on the hook. Don't really see why a sled would be much different

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my expirience with another other warranty not a sled. "If it can cause distress on a part, it is usually at a tech's discression if your modification will void warranty on it" this was from gm at a chevy dealership on my lowered, tuned truck. If my suspension caused adriveline failure (which is common on lowered trucks) If the bigger wheels/tuner cause a rear end to pop or tranny, then I would be on the hook. Don't really see why a sled would be much different

If anything the Braces make the sled better, IF something happens (hitting a rock, smoking a tree) the braces make a cheap part (the A-arm) the weak point.... No structural integrity is lost, no Original equipment is removed or replaced..... Almost a grey area I guess lol..... Catch the guys on a good day basically lol!!!

Top Bottom