"sorry this is my last week at work"

"running outa money workin 4 tens"

valemounts been dead

GIVE ME LAST YEAR WHEN EVERYONE WAS PSSSSSN MONEY:realmad:

lol:d:beer::beer:

anyone else not riding

spike7ss

Reaction score
Ive been out every weekend for the last month. If you dont spend money, no one else will make money.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt think it was that bad...for me anyways

none of my buddies want to go riding

valemounts been dead

anyone else not riding

I haven't been riding half as much this year. it is definatly a tougher year financialy. hope this spring picks up

elephant rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

valemounts been dead

anyone else not riding

I'd be skarewed if it wern't fer POWDERSLUT parts HAHA ya I'm lucky so far cause I don't got the funds for a freash block this year I'm on EI

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
headed to blue river for 2 days,rode two days last week and 15+ times before that. i'm kinda like'n the little lul,but we need it to pick up again,hopefully with the spring thaw.......

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been riding at least 3 times a week.for about 12-14 rides. have to make time and pay the price while it lasts .. :beer:

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda tough allover I chicken out on buying new sled this year put money onit
then made a mistake I slept on it went got my money back .Now all my freinds
are giving hard time include my dad .But happy wife happy life!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

valemounts been dead

anyone else not riding

YUP! 3mths off,to much.Still sled,but not near as much,snow nothing great this yr anyway's,always next yr:confused:
Oh yea! anyone need an operator

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothings changed for me from last year through so far this year..

tear it up when i can... what stops me is time not $$$$$..

im a D.I.N.K ( double income no kids ) and happy to be one :d

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are still riding this year, trying for every second weekend. We are a little off this year. My hours are cut back so I`ve cut back on other things to try and still go riding. We also try to make our trip cheaper too by bringing extra fuel for the truck and sled, bringing food, ride in places that don`t need trail passes, and anything else we can cut a few pennies.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are still riding this year, trying for every second weekend. We are a little off this year. My hours are cut back so I`ve cut back on other things to try and still go riding. We also try to make our trip cheaper too by bringing extra fuel for the truck and sled, bringing food, ride in places that don`t need trail passes, and anything else we can cut a few pennies.

everyone should have a trailpass no matter where ya ride
dont be the one that rides for free

if we dont have trail passes what is our voice to the government

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

I don't think he's talking about riding managed areas. I buy an ASA pass every year but have yet to ride a groomed flat land trail. I like to support the local club as much as the other guy. BUT I also like to put bread on the table like everyone else.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sask plates cover trail permits now, i guess its alright because i dont have to worrie about it and i dont have a ugly sticker on my sled. I only a tiny bit of trail to get out of town but lately with the lack of snow they have been grooming the ditches i like to ride and im pissed right off, carving back and forth and hitting someone elses track rattles you but the plowed edge from the groomer sucks bad.

Ive heard the downfall all around me, i almost switched jobs but im thankful i didnt because they laid off a bunch of new employees where i was wanting to go. We are in our down time but ive been fairly busy but not compared to summer. The break it quite nice and i done have to work a 5th 10 so i get long weekends to go sled.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to see Alberta go with the trail pass amount attached to your registration maybe that way they can spread the expense around and it will be a little less money you have to schell out for a trail pass and registration???? As for the economy, so far I have not been threatend with a layoff but I cannot say that for lot of folks that I know. Came fairly close to buying a different sled this past summer (not new but a couple of years old) but the wife put that idea to rest real fast. I was a little P.O.ed at her but now I am happy I did not do it. I am a little more careful with the money even if we both are working. It is kind of scary right now and we are being very cautious with our pennies. As they say this to shall pass some day.LOL

Britt

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hours have been cut and MAY be cut even more. Quite possibley even lay offs. I work in after market truck accessories, and with all the auto dealer and manufactures like GM threatening bankrupcy, its getting worse. May have to sell my TOYS as well real soon. Have to keep food on the table.
I know it will pass... hopefully sooner than later. :(

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
I would like to see Alberta go with the trail pass amount attached to your registration maybe that way they can spread the expense around and it will be a little less money you have to schell out for a trail pass and registration???? As for the economy, so far I have not been threatend with a layoff but I cannot say that for lot of folks that I know. Came fairly close to buying a different sled this past summer (not new but a couple of years old) but the wife put that idea to rest real fast. I was a little P.O.ed at her but now I am happy I did not do it. I am a little more careful with the money even if we both are working. It is kind of scary right now and we are being very cautious with our pennies. As they say this to shall pass some day.LOL

Britt

That is a good idea in theory, but alot of people ride without registration as it is. If you increase the cost of registration, you will give them more of a reason to not pay it and more people will not register because of cost.

I have not yet bought a trail pass but have rode on some ungroomed trails that are on various county road allowances for which the public has the right to. If a local club has an unimproved trail on a rode allowance or crown land I do not see the value in a trail pass.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You got my post WRONG. We are not riding without paying for a trail pass, but when you know of an area that DOES NOT get groomed, and it is a goat trail to get into the area why would a person pay for a trail pass????? I better voice to the gov`t would be to join a sledding club!!!

Top Bottom