F-350 price?

sicamoose

Reaction score
Been looking to upgrade my truck for a few weeks now. Generally looking for a 2008 - 2010 F-350 crewcab longbox.

I stumbled upon this ad this morning and was weary about the price. Most I have seen are in the 40 grand range and this one is $28,000.......

mmmm? thoughts? I know the clicks are a bit high, but seems like a decent truck? Anyone from the coast heard of this group called Autofleet?

Judging from the carproof was bought at an auction in Alberta. I asked the guy if it was a 'rig truck' he said no.....

Sh*t, forgot the link!! here is is:

Last edited by a moderator:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
link not posted....... but I have a 2008 ford f250 forsale.....53000km mostly hwy, and never pulled anything bigger than the 16ft cargo trailer and a sled trailer.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems a bit lite?? always a reason for a great deal

believe it or not right now used vehicle inventory is low in western canada so no one is giving stuff away.....

are ya sure ya want an 08 ford diesel? do some homework on that engine in 08 I have heard many bad stories and its over 30hours to get at the engine with a cab off design,, also heard ford giving grief on honouring engine warranty or its a 4 week wait minimal....

anyone else? or justy my 2 buddies?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
link not posted....... but I have a 2008 ford f250 forsale.....53000km mostly hwy, and never pulled anything bigger than the 16ft cargo trailer and a sled trailer.

chit sorry there tire just read your post lol...

you have any issues? or heard of any?

sicamoose

Reaction score

need a one tonne - thanks though!

sicamoose

Reaction score
seems a bit lite?? always a reason for a great deal

believe it or not right now used vehicle inventory is low in western canada so no one is giving stuff away.....

are ya sure ya want an 08 ford diesel? do some homework on that engine in 08 I have heard many bad stories and its over 30hours to get at the engine with a cab off design,, also heard ford giving grief on honouring engine warranty or its a 4 week wait minimal....

anyone else? or justy my 2 buddies?

I have an 06' right now and love it - no issues at all (although i am only at 110,000 clicks...). Family is growing so would like a four door. I haven't heard anything bad about the 08'. If anyone has any comments/advise though, would be awesome!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 06' right now and love it - no issues at all (although i am only at 110,000 clicks...). Family is growing so would like a four door. I haven't heard anything bad about the 08'. If anyone has any comments/advise though, would be awesome!

Went from an 04' to a 10'. It is 10 times the truck if that helps. More power, quieter, doesn't wander all over the highway and more options.:d:beer:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a 2008 last week and like it nice truck and good power.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 08 f350... did the belts last night and it 5 hours just to do the belts... the truck and power is good just dont work on it and you will be fine but if something breaks good luck if you are fixing it and if you bring it in better have a big wallet cause it wont be cheap labor.... i paided 23,000 with 200000 km, it is in ok condition... and that is the last thing i buy from my brother no matter how good the deal is

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya the 08 motor had a few glitches so to speak,, again just heard it a few times so maybe a few bad ones

Hey Rknight would you get another 08?

huh maybe not such a big deal but I thought this was a major concern with the 08 engine...

I also love the drive of ford crew's and they look good too:beer: but I dont have to pay to fix them lol

happy shopping

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
ya the 08 motor had a few glitches so to speak,, again just heard it a few times so maybe a few bad ones

Hey Rknight would you get another 08?

huh maybe not such a big deal but I thought this was a major concern with the 08 engine...

I also love the drive of ford crew's and they look good too:beer: but I dont have to pay to fix them lol

happy shopping

you still working in the car sales industry ?

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey john t........ any difference in the tow specs between the 250 and 350.......?* and* no worries.... I have heard all the horror stories about the fords 08 motor..... Mine is a late 08* not the 07 version called the first new body style 08........... I have no had any issues....besides wanting a newer truck* maby* go* dodge again but won't know till I take em both out for a ride. I have my eye on a new ford but still like the dodges....and* my* 05* is still a good old truck. ( 5.9L)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sno were you running the 7.3 or the 6.0 in your 2004?

I had the 6 litre. I didn't have any issues with it except a glow plug problem but then I never chipped it either. It was a good truck except for the wandering on grooved out highways.:)

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That seems like a pretty good price. My dads got the 08 f350 with cold air, dpf delete and chip. aproaching 100 000 km. No trouble out it except for a broken coolant fitting. Was covered by warranty. This truck does quite a bit of towing. only problem I see with the trucks is the dpf can plug over time and cause some engine issues, expecially if you do alot of city driving. Cost 1000 for the cold air, chip and dpf delete. definately worth it. It has already paid for itself in gas savings.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
I have an 08 f250 212600 kms plus, issues sure, had a few but all self inflicted. Done a whack of mods good truck. Buddys stock 250, no issues other than replace rad.

Also have a 11 f250. WOW seems like a gooder so far and MAJOR torque i must say. 20 mpg stock, with only 13000 km.

sicamoose

Reaction score
I have an 08 f250 212600 kms plus, issues sure, had a few but all self inflicted. Done a whack of mods good truck. Buddys stock 250, no issues other than replace rad.

Also have a 11 f250. WOW seems like a gooder so far and MAJOR torque i must say. 20 mpg stock, with only 13000 km.

interesting comparison...you think going brand spankin' would be a better truck than the 08's?

Top Bottom