Extending a 133.5" xlt sks to a 136"

irishgreen4

Reaction score
I have heard that if you move the suspention holes in the tunnel for a 133.5" track 1.5" back it will make the obsolete size a 136". Has anyone tried this and did they have any clearance issues with the tunnel? Also does anyone know the deepest track a 94 xlt sks can take without rubbing? If you do would you know the deepest track if it was extended to a 136" track?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very easy to do you have the right idea and it works fine better angle as well. I had a 94 with a 1 3/4 track never had an issue with clearance.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just did one, all we did was take the front bolts out, drill out the rivet that is directly behind the bolt and move the bolt into that hole, changes the rear angle of the rear arm and gives ya a bit more of a stiffer ride but works fine... we also moved the front bump stop on the rails for the rear arm

irishgreen4

Reaction score
just did one, all we did was take the front bolts out, drill out the rivet that is directly behind the bolt and move the bolt into that hole, changes the rear angle of the rear arm and gives ya a bit more of a stiffer ride but works fine... we also moved the front bump stop on the rails for the rear arm
So finkous are you saying that you only moved the front suspention bolts back 1.5" and left the rears alone?

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup thats what we did... worked fine, i did look at moving the whole skid back but there wouldnt be enough room on the back bracket, so we moved just the front bolt, still lots of plate for support on the front brackets... the other option is to get the 133-136 rail extensions and go with 8 tooth drivers, but then your looking at more money

Top Bottom