Exhaust Valve Solenoid mod

Burn1

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Assault 800 155 track with a SLP can on it nothing else is done to the sled but i need help on the exhaust drain that pukes oil into my belly pan. I cant stand having that oil all over in the bottom, I came across a thread on here that had pictures of a hose that rerouted the oil out through a tube, but can not find it again. this is my first sled so pictures and animations would be grateful :cool: also if anyone is running this sled where did you put a muff pot? pictures help out so much!!! thanks

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure but i think the front end will be the same as my 11 pro. Behind the left front shock upper mount is a rubber grommet, i drilled a hole in it and put the hose through there just behind the shock. Not sure how it will work but i will find out soon!

Sorry i dont have any pics at the moment.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Assault 800 155 track with a SLP can on it nothing else is done to the sled but i need help on the exhaust drain that pukes oil into my belly pan. I cant stand having that oil all over in the bottom, I came across a thread on here that had pictures of a hose that rerouted the oil out through a tube, but can not find it again. this is my first sled so pictures and animations would be grateful :cool: also if anyone is running this sled where did you put a muff pot? pictures help out so much!!! thanks

Pm me your email address and i will send you pics of what i did.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a longer hose, i zip tied it to the exhaust spring that holds the pipe down in the middle of the U shape of the pipe and then zip tied it to the lower bumper mount spilling it just infront of the rear suspension. Some people say it gets iced up there but my skid plates protecting it a bit.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right beside the exhaust outlet there is a hole predrilled in the belly pan. Get a 90 degree barbed fitting and extend the the line to it. this way the oil will puke out the bottom of the sled and the heat from the exhaust will keep it from freezing up. No problems for 2 years now.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
we just get a pill bottle or similar and make a hole in the lid and put the hose in there... no mess and you drain it every couple of weeks.. works pretty good and is free!

Sammy

Reaction score
we just get a pill bottle or similar and make a hole in the lid and put the hose in there... no mess and you drain it every couple of weeks.. works pretty good and is free!

X2 on this. Picture of what I did. uploadfromtaptalk1385610386845.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is on my IQ not pro, but same issue. i have no lack of performance. changed to a lighter pink spring and just blocked off line(did a bunch of mods at the same time so hard to tell benefit other than the valves will be working off pressure alone instead of when the ECU lets them open). i left solenoid plugged in to avoid error codes and haven't had a black mess since

IMG_2467 (800x598).jpg

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a 1/4" barbed coupling and about 3' of 1/4" fuel line. Insert the barbed fitting in the hose coming down off the solenoid, connect the fuel line to the other end of the barbed fitting and route over towards the muffler outlet. There is a little hole there already, put the fuel line through there to the outside.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Reaction score
another way is to get a steel valve stem. any store like mopac in Edmonton will sell them for race car wheels. it has a nut so you drill a hole for the valve stem to go out and remove the core from the valve stem and it will be free flowing and just clamp or tie your hose to the valve stem. if I can find a pic will post. also sometimes steel valve stems are use on trailer wheels, or semi trucks have long ones. then on the outside you have a nice clean look.

Attachments

• imagesTURVT7UU.jpg
    imagesTURVT7UU.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 169
  • imagesJ5G9HRT0.jpg
    imagesJ5G9HRT0.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No fittings required if you exit it just behind the top of the shock. There is a rubber plug there that you drill and pull it through. Put a wire tie around the hose and shock to secure it.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be difficult guys, get a longer hose and re route it straight down and out the belly pan! I drilled a couple small holes on either sides of the hose and secured it with zip ties. 3min job no more mess
y7ezezu6.jpg

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
That's all I did, 3 mins tops, looks like a no brainer on the polaris when you look in your bulkhead and it looks like s%*t!

Top Bottom