Exciter Resto !

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up 3 Exciters and want to build 2 out of 3. I have never actually ridden one of these sleds but have heard tons about how good and reliable they are. These are some pics of the best one I am doing. Just finished a complete rebuild. At 4000k everything still looks new. 145 lbs both sides. Just had to re seal the cases and oil pump and Clean the carb. The skid and speedo side of the drive all got new bearings. Now for the re assembly. Should be a fun sled. Will post shots of the finished project !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled and in great shape for the year,we had one when I was a kid and man did I have a lot of fun on it. I went out everyday after school and never had a problem with the sled.My parents kept the sled and we also rebuilt it and when my son was old enough he rode it for 4 years then he got to big for it and we sold it to a friend who still uses it today.
Oh The Good Old Days.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. My memories as a kid were on an Enticer 300 the Exciter was the one I always wanted but just wasn't in the cards till now. This one is a survivor for sure. Just needs a seat cover now. Gotta say these old Yamaha's are very well built. After 35 years every nut and bolt came out and went back in with out a hitch. The only hitch now is my 9 year old son rode it once and now calls it his......... Guess I have to build another one. Lol

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could find one in that kind of shape I would buy it in a minute. I also had to replace the seat cover took into a shop here in Calgary and the guys did a hell of a job was like new. My son as also was 8 or 9 when he started riding it we would even take up to the mountains and the sled is so light it hardly got stuck. You will have to get out to Revy next year for the vintage ride they just had this past weekend. Dusty (Threadkiller) and the Revy club did a hell of a job by the looks of the vids on here there was a few old Yamaha running around all weekend.I like your last pic with the 3 old Kawasaki Sno-Jets and the old Polaris that is so sweet. Did you guys have a drag race with them all I bet the Yamaha won. LoL Enjoy them cause they will run for another 40 years hahha.

Cheers

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the first time I took the wife to the mountains in 89 was up Clemina in Valemount I was on a 89 Indy 500 and she was on my original ET 300 it had 1 inch plastic paddles and would go anywhere having an Exciter up there would have been. Cool. Will have to try to get out to the Revy show for sure with the family looks like a great time. And no didn't drag race the sleds that day. Those Invaders are damn fast for what get are Next winter I will Definitely be setting up a drag race on the lake. With a couple of my recent acquisitions. Should be a good race . But for now I get to start on the next Exciter.

Cheers !

Top Bottom