Evolution Powersports / White Knuckle Motorsports

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many of the forum members have heard about Evolution Powersports and their performance modifications to Arctic Cat and Yamaha sleds. What many may NOT be aware of is that they also offer performance reflashes and exhaust for the UTV world, including Arctic Cat, Can-Am, and Polaris - a great compliment to their stellar sled performance packages, and a must if running over sized tires on your rig. I have had the luxury of equipping my Wildcat Trail with Evo's stainless bullet muffler and 91 octane reflash - not a piggyback system which most of us are familiar with on our sleds. This gives the little Trail a healthy 9hp increase, a better idle, and improved all around driveability characteristics (runs cooler), and it is performance you can feel whenever you hit the accelerator - a significant jump over the stock machine. I have yet to complete the clutching changes I wish to do, but it is like driving a different machine already. (Stage tunes are available to run different grades of fuel and intake / exhaust combinations with various horsepower settings) A big thanks to Gene over at White Knuckle Motorsports for the quick turn around time and great service - he is the Canadian distributor and partner in crime for all things EVO. So if you are looking for a bit more snort out of your side by side, give Gene a call - you won't regret it. If you're looking for more details, feel free to PM me.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am not sure how it works on other machines... but on can am a reflash just changes the rev/speed limiters... you can also change the temp the fan comes on at and other small changes like timing and such... this is done to your ECM... on a can am a reflash adds 0 rwhp... the reflash is needed if you start running cams that need a shiftout close to or higher then the factory preset of 8250....on the can am reflashes there is no such thing as a octane setting for your fuel....

your rwhp comes from add ons like a intake, cams, exhaust, fuel tuner,Throttle body and clutches... although clutches dont add hp ... they take the available hp and transfer it to the ground effectively and effeciently therefore putting the available hp to the ground better ... and thus showing more power on a dyno...

the tunes you give a can am come from the fuel tuner and ECM compliments these but does not increase and power by itself....now you can run a stand along ECU like a tune monster that now has a programmable ECU plus tuner built into one but now you have to set all your ECU settings that the stock ecu has from the factory already... or the other way is reflash your stock ECU and add a piggy back tuner like the Doebeck AFR + with AFR gauge and 02 wideband sniffer that gets mounted in your rear pipe just before the muffler... its a closed loop system and tunes in real time as you drive... very different then a PC5 does... A PC5 makes your ECM a dummy but the GEN4 Doebeck is piggy back to the reflashed ECM... if your only running mild cams or stock... no reflash is needed... but a fuel tuner can make your bike run better even with just a slip-on....

This applys to can am... i do not know about the other brands...

Last edited:
Top Bottom