Etherington 08-09

Plattler

Reaction score
Great day!! Fording Pass was hard on the skis and tracks, but the backside bowls were worth it.:)

I hope we get snow this week to add to the access trails.

Attachments

• IMGP6023.jpg
    IMGP6023.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMGP6032.jpg
    IMGP6032.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMGP6034.jpg
    IMGP6034.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP6037.jpg
    IMGP6037.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail in/out is ugly.Top of pass and shale sections have little to no snow on them.Trail from Etherington is rough with some mud/gravel sections.By the
end of the the day there was no way anyone was going to climb up the hill going into the BC side.Someone spun a trench all the way up right to the ice and rocks.Needs another foot on the trail.Chest deep in the back though,as plattler pictures show.Really enjoyed getting to know Powder Pig.

Hirmkin

Reaction score
How are the trails in and around Etherington staging area?

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails around Etherington are rough but have good snow coverage.Did not go south,just west.

djpred

Reaction score
How is the snow doing out that way? We were thinking of heading out on the 27th, but the weather is supposed to be warm, and maybe some snow????? Let us know how its holding up......

Plattler

Reaction score
Don't know what the trails are like now, but if they got snow like Calgary there should be 8-10 inches of new. Nice thing about the Chinook winds, they blow over top of the Etherington/Cataract creek area so the snow doesn't disappear as fast.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know what the trails are like now, but if they got snow like Calgary there should be 8-10 inches of new. Nice thing about the Chinook winds, they blow over top of the Etherington/Cataract creek area so the snow doesn't disappear as fast.

:rolling:.theres was 80+K wind when I was there the other day,she melts fast there,don't be fooled. I don't want to sound mean but look at the rock,they tell the story right there,its a wind tunnel,bc side seams to be good most times.

2cent:d

Plattler

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I was a little too general. I definitely agree that the higher up you go, the more you can get blasted. I was referring to the lower groomed trails. I've seen several times no snow until you're almost at the turn off of Hwy 40, then you cross the line and hit the snow belt. I also agree that getting into the BC side can be rough on a machine, (There's more than a few gouges on my skies from the last trip.) but once you're back down and into the bowl area it's usually awesome! All in all, this year has been poor for snow cover, but I'm hoping that the latest dump has helped. Any resent eye witness reports? :d

Top Bottom