Enclosed Trailer Security? What is everyone doing?

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw the thread for the open trailer security and though I would start one about the enclosed. I have just been using Brinks locks but am sick and tired of the `frozen locks`issue. So what`s out there. :confused:
Thanks.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw the thread for the open trailer security and though I would start one about the enclosed. I have just been using Brinks locks but am sick and tired of the `frozen locks`issue. So what`s out there. :confused:
Thanks.

i always take my locks off when travelling and put them back on after take sleds out for ride

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya , that`s what I have been doing , but it is a pain in the a$$. What about locking up the hitch....

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont lock my hitch when i am hooked up to the truck ... when i park at a staging area make sure i park so its nearly impossible to separate it ... but when i cant do that then i lock it up ... we mainly go to the crowsnest pass so it is fairly safe down there

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They make locks with a protective/weather proof cap. canadian tire, peavy mart and a few others carry them. you can get them in 2,4 and 6 packs. only issue I found with them is that when they are cold, you may need a flat screwdriver to pop the cap open.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plastic baggies and tape works, or either or, also a 12 guage or a snipe as well lol

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tmix. couple years ago had my trailer stolen from my locked yard, Loaded. two gate locks, had a ball lock and a pin lock on the trailer. All locks cut with a grinder and gone. If the assh&^%s want it there gunna take it. Just can't stop em. The cops didn't even come and check it out. They told me it's gone. Pi##ed me off!!!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supervision security inc has a security system for trailers. Hitch Depot in Red Deer AB. carries them. They were at the Edmonton sled show. They have an self contained alarm system with solar charging, locks up trailer brakes and gps capabilities. About $1500.00 and $900.00 if you want the gps tracking add on. Fairly cheap really when you think of what you have to lose. Monitors it even if you dont have it connected to the vehicle. summer storage or whatever.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supervision security inc has a security system for trailers. Hitch Depot in Red Deer AB. carries them. They were at the Edmonton sled show. They have an self contained alarm system with solar charging, locks up trailer brakes and gps capabilities. About $1500.00 and $900.00 if you want the gps tracking add on. Fairly cheap really when you think of what you have to lose. Monitors it even if you dont have it connected to the vehicle. summer storage or whatever.

yeah I was looking at that at the Hitch Depot, pretty usefull idea!...one of them things that you say, hey I thought of that before!

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Was in there on saturday, parts guy said he never heard of rm i have him looking for a trailer dog security system same thing but will call you if broken into and i have buddy at vibe that sells titan text start, was talking to the titan rep at the electric garage show and he said it can be done, i will get back to you on prices

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the hotel....Two words.....Baby monitor, works great! Cheap to, incase they steal that too!!

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tmix. couple years ago had my trailer stolen from my locked yard, Loaded. two gate locks, had a ball lock and a pin lock on the trailer. All locks cut with a grinder and gone. If the assh&^%s want it there gunna take it. Just can't stop em. The cops didn't even come and check it out. They told me it's gone. Pi##ed me off!!!

Been there earlier this year.I learned that locks only work with HONEST people.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Bought my locks from Western Locksmiths just south of whitemud on 97str I believe. They are weather proof, have boron metal thats is supposed to be much harder to cut thru, and I got three keyed alike. They have been awesome locks, never freeze, easy to open etc.

Now the bad news ... $150.00 for the set:mad:

But why skimp on security right! Have never had a problem btw. Trailer is locked, then locked to truck, truck is locked with security as well. Also won't park in isolated spots that make it a target either.

OK where's some wood to knock on ..... ouch! Head hurts! :beer::d:beer:

Carry on!!

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the way you guys are thinking! i have enclosed job trailers as well as snowmobile trailer, i use the boots on job trailers, only problem is they seem to get tagged! when i catch the f$^ckers i'll nail them to the side of the trailer! no more ranting, i always lock the doors and the hitches, but remember to take the locks off when trailering, spent many a cold night trying to open frozen locks. frozen is easy, when grime and dirt get in the locks another story. i make sure to always lube the locks with wd40, and i use white greese in the hitch locks and any with covers.

ruggalo

Reaction score
Was in there on saturday, parts guy said he never heard of rm i have him looking for a trailer dog security system same thing but will call you if broken into and i have buddy at vibe that sells titan text start, was talking to the titan rep at the electric garage show and he said it can be done, i will get back to you on prices
Prices are as fallows alarm side of things 129.99 for 1 way 299.99 for 2 way, and the titan tracking starts at 449.99 and bout 16 a month

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard of trailers being locked up, only to have the hasps knocked off with a hammer, also not much stops those portable grinders. I'm putting slide bolts on the inside of ramp doors, but haven't decided on entrance door.
looks like not much will stop the low lifes other than lead.

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my locks from Western Locksmiths just south of whitemud on 97str I believe. They are weather proof, have boron metal thats is supposed to be much harder to cut thru, and I got three keyed alike. They have been awesome locks, never freeze, easy to open etc.

Now the bad news ... $150.00 for the set:mad:

But why skimp on security right! Have never had a problem btw. Trailer is locked, then locked to truck, truck is locked with security as well. Also won't park in isolated spots that make it a target either.

OK where's some wood to knock on ..... ouch! Head hurts! :beer::d:beer:

Carry on!!

Thanks , I will check them out , at $150 that's a cheap peice of mind. :)

Top Bottom