enclosed trailer buying state side questions

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
looking at buying a small enclosed trailer this year. i was wondering if anyone on here has bot a trailer state side and bring it back to Canada? was it worth it? what did you have to-do? i need info!

any help would be great not sure where to start looking.

Thanks, Mike

DragonCFI

Reaction score
Check with firefly on here sells trailers himself out of Edmonton has a nice product good prices and very knowledgeable of his products.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
Hey guys,
looking at buying a small enclosed trailer this year. i was wondering if anyone on here has bot a trailer state side and bring it back to Canada? was it worth it? what did you have to-do? i need info!

any help would be great not sure where to start looking.

Thanks, Mike

Even with a $0.92 dollar? are they that cheap down there?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I brought a trailer back in December. Flaman wanted $34,000 for the same spec trailer I paid $21,000us for
. super easy to bring trailers and vehicles across.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a enclosed 2 place trailer or a 7x14, its crazy pricing here for some reason.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it has small axles and leaf springs NOT torsion axles has and bunch of cheap **** on it they cut cost and corners to keep the end price down I can get that trailer here for not that much more I see LED lights are an addition cost and some other things I guess comparing this to a featherlite trailer there is a big price difference BUT this trailer is not even close to a featherlite and you have to remember about warranty then u have to drag it down there to get it fixed

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it has small axles and leaf springs NOT torsion axles has and bunch of cheap **** on it they cut cost and corners to keep the end price down I can get that trailer here for not that much more I see LED lights are an addition cost and some other things I guess comparing this to a featherlite trailer there is a big price difference BUT this trailer is not even close to a featherlite and you have to remember about warranty then u have to drag it down there to get it fixed
as far as warranty goes most of the mfg's will let you get it fixed local and reimburse you. Had a small issue with my trailer and they sent me the part and also paid me $85 an hour for my time.

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

actually, the trailer i am looking at the one in town is a triton same size (101x12') trailer as the one in Montana and the one in Montana will carry 990lbs more. They must have spent to much on the LED lights and not enough on the axle...
my 2 cents.

calgaryyz250

Reaction score
I recently bought a 19' Mission Enclosed with a ton of extras in Montana. Great dealership service. They arranged to get a small warranty item done for me in Calgary. Price was about $6000 cheaper there as compared to here after factoring in the exchange rate. Border was super simple. Just pay your GST. Then go online and pay another ~$250 to RIV and then off to Crappy Tire to pay yet more BS .. tire tax etc.

Feel free to PM if you have any more questions.

Top Bottom