Electric vs gas stove

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it require special pots and pans

Yes it does, our pots had the metal internals were fine and tfal make pans for induction basically the same prices as others on crappy tire or the bay etc. I love that surface never gets hotter than what’s in the pan so no burn residues to deal with.

Last edited:

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have an induction one also,,, all I can say is it makes all others antiques

Yes it does, our pots had the metal internals were fine and tfal make pans for induction basically the same prices as others on crappy tire or the bay etc. I love that surface never gets hotter than what’s in the pan so no burn residues to deal with.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love a gas range, I’ll never go back to electric, however I’ve never tried an induction range.

I also have a gas stove, no complaints here

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have gas top with electric oven. Not sure the pros cons since it’s use is outside of my normal scope of supply. I do like the fact you still have a cooktop when the power is out though.
if the gas service is interrupted you wont, lol

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have gas and I prefer it over electric. Induction is a close second but you need to make sure your pans are good and you need a larger power feed than a conventional electric.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have gas top with electric oven. Not sure the pros cons since it’s use is outside of my normal scope of supply. I do like the fact you still have a cooktop when the power is out though.

I've never tried, but gas cooktop still uses power. I believe for igniter. I doubt it would work without power.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had gas so long I can't remember how electric was, but gas is nice. The best thing I like is cooktop and wall oven instead of stove. Not having oven basically on the floor is really nice.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a larger power feed than a conventional electric.

Regular 220V stove plug powered mine unplugged the old electric plugged in the induction stove. have had every burner and oven running at once no issues.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife wants a gas stove top and electric oven. She grew up on a gas stove and the oven sucks for baking. It’s a moister heat and messes with cakes and stuff she said.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may as well just get electric, remember within a few years the feds idea is to not even have a gas line to a house... haven't your heard solar is going to be a game changer LOL.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regular 220V stove plug powered mine unplugged the old electric plugged in the induction stove. have had every burner and oven running at once no issues.

When we installed ours we had to upsize the breaker and wiring. Regular plug but bigger feed.

Now that is to be conformed to code and to the demand shown in the users manual. Not saying yours doesn’t work but things could be getting hotter than they should inside the wiring for sure.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know maybe I’ve got a smoking hot breaker, will have to check it next time wifie has a full cook on the go.

Top Bottom