Edmonton mx tracks

RM-Z250

Reaction score
Anyone know of any local Motocross tracks near edmonton?

I've just moved here from england and im just trying to get a little bit of practice in before the snow comes! Any information on any local tracks would be great!

Directions, Info..anything!

Thanks guys!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Cal: I Know There Is A Track Near Rocky Mountain House(think Its Called Tabletop Park), And They Have, Or Are Putting One In At Castrol Raceway.......... Anyone Else??

RM-Z250

Reaction score
I know there's one at the castrol raceway. Although I have no idea where actually on the raceway it is..I went there during the week to try and find it..but there was no sign anywhere.

In my local motorcycle store there was a notice that they held practice sessions down there on a tuesday and thursday. I cant seem to find the track anywhere!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what part of the city are you in? There is a nice track at Westlock north of the city. There is also the elk island one but not sure if thats open anymore. I hung up my MX gear a few years back due to and injury so im out of the loop:(

RM-Z250

Reaction score
Im sorry to hear you had to hang up the motocross gear!:sadbanana: Im in the Southeast of the city at the minute, and im just looking for somewhere local to practice before the snow get's here!

I've heard of westlock before. I have no idea how to get to it! So if anyone could provide directions i'd appreciate it alot! :D

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Phone a business called Climb higher performance in Sherwood Park. The owner does some riding with some buddies at there own track East of Sherwood Park. Call Lonny at Climb higher. There is also a track at Bruderheim which is east of Fort Saskatchewan.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the track in Bruderheim is closed. I know they don't hold race's there any more due to noise complaints.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castrol Raceway Formerly Bud Park Did Have A Track, We Used To Ride There On Week Nights. For $15 It Was Cool They Would Do Trials All Night Just Like A Real Motocross Race. I Have Not Biked There For Two Years So I Don't Know If They Still Do That.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sorry to hear you had to hang up the motocross gear!:sadbanana: Im in the Southeast of the city at the minute, and im just looking for somewhere local to practice before the snow get's here!

I've heard of westlock before. I have no idea how to get to it! So if anyone could provide directions i'd appreciate it alot! :D

If you go to westlock and ask at the gas station im sure they will tell you. its right on the edge of town.

I think the track in Bruderheim is closed. I know they don't hold race's there any more due to noise complaints.

ya, they built a subdivision beside the track then bitched about the noise. sometimes i hate people.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Castrol track used to be at the end of the drag strip just to the north, is hard to see cause it is kind of behind the oval track, castrolraceway.com says the track is still in existence, not to sure what nights its open as I havent been there in at least 2 years

Hondarider62

Reaction score
Just to let you all know, the Castrol raceway motocross track is just beside the drag strip and the oval track. It is open to the public most Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5pm until 9pm. It is open May through September.

ktm racer

Reaction score
:)

could u maybe give me some directions to the track in westlock or tell me what part of the town it is in

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
:)

could u maybe give me some directions to the track in westlock or tell me what part of the town it is in

it is located on the southwest side of westlock.....head towards barrhead, right before the train tracks, go south, and its just down that road a bit....

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Whitecourt is in the process or is actually/finally finished there track.......located north of Blue Ridge, just before the river!!!!

jhuitu

Reaction score
Anyone know of any local Motocross tracks near edmonton?

I've just moved here from england and im just trying to get a little bit of practice in before the snow comes! Any information on any local tracks would be great!

Directions, Info..anything!

Thanks guys!

hey man there are a couple of tracks, check out the castrol raceway they might be closed this time of year but it never hurts to try.

green machine

Reaction score
castrol has tues and thurs nights for 20$. with three classes beg. int. adv.
its a pretty challenging track but def alot of fun! theres a track out by st francis, which is north of warburg. u have to call someone to get into that one tho as its basically in someones backyard. its an alright track. not very well maintained but on the plus side its race whenever u want, no classes. theres also a bunch of trails around the track. the track out in westlock is a good beg-int level track. but registration is required to ride. to register i believe u have to talk to a guy at the john deere dealership on the east side of town. but after registration its ride all u want whenever u want. thats all the info i can give i hope this helps anyone out. and plz if anyone knows of some hidden gems let me no!!!

Top Bottom