• 109 Street SB at 104 Avenue
• Yellowhead Trail WB @ 127 Street
• 137 Avenue WB at 50 Street
• Yellowhead Trail EB at 107 Street
• Stony Plain Road WB at 170 Street
• 50 Street NB at 23 Avenue
• 156 Street SB @ Stony Plain Road
• 137 Avenue EB at Manning Freeway

*Note: Some locations are still under construction.

Red Light Camera Locations (Red Light Violations)

• Jasper Avenue WB at 116 Street
• 97 Avenue WB at 105 Street
• Groat Road SB at 111 Avenue
• Gateway Boulevard NB at 34 Avenue
• 75 Street NB at 98 Avenue
• Castledowns Road EB at 97 Street
• Calgary Trail SB at Whitemud Drive
• 87 Avenue WB at 178 Street
• 184 Street SB at 111 Avenue
• Victoria Trail NB at 137 Avenue
• Argyll Road WB at 75 Street
• 34 Street NB at Whitemud Drive
• 63 Avenue EB at 99 Street
• Wayne Gretzky Drive NB at Yellowhead Trail
• 75 Street WB at 82 Avenue
• Kingsway Avenue EB at 101 Street
• 118 Avenue WB at Groat Road
• 97 Street SB at 153 Avenue
• 170 Street SB at 87 Avenue

joeboo73

Reaction score
Take the red light camera locations off. If the idiots know where they can run a red light more people will get hurt.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Take the red light camera locations off. If the idiots know where they can run a red light more people will get hurt.

Although I agree with you and the use of red light cameras..... It's public info and if they want to know the info is available.....

joeboo73

Reaction score
but don't advertise if they can't find the info too bad. My sister and my 2 month old niece got hurt really bad because of a driver running a red light. Now think of your kids or family getting hit by someone running a red light

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think i will be checking any list as i approach an intersection..just my main route..and now i know where one is..we will see in a couple days if im right...good to go...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
THINK I MAY HAVE GOT ONE THE OTHER DAY, BUT ITS OKAY CUZ I TOOK SLEDBUNNYRACING'S LICENSE PLATE THAT DAY AND PUT IT ON MY LITTLE WED TWUCK..............:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
The locations have been release tot he Radio stations so it's extremely public now and I agree, it shouldn't be.
Sorry to hear about the family accident.

but don't advertise if they can't find the info too bad. My sister and my 2 month old niece got hurt really bad because of a driver running a red light. Now think of your kids or family getting hit by someone running a red light

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt many people look at them to run red lights. However if the light is changing I always stop, don't even want to risk getting the ticket it ain't cheap. Doesn't mean your running the light if you know there isn't a camera and go through, but no one wants to risk it with a camera. They are good in that way, but if you blantly run red lights I doubt the idiots are smart enough to see the cameras. Not like there isn't signs warning you of the camera anyway.

I'm not to worried about someone in their honda civic running a red light, my 300lb road armor bumper will take care of there tin can :p The only ones that worry me is the big rigs that can't read the stop signs, and a red light camera won't change it.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
think i'm gunna have to just give in a keep my speed down, drive all over the city from site to site and i will never remember that.....sure i've already pulled one or 2 judging by that list

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Locations are published on the Edmonton Police Service Website, they have to disclose the locations.... This is not here to encourage people to run red lights, more to warn them of where to really watch their speed.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Locations are published on the Edmonton Police Service Website, they have to disclose the locations.... This is not here to encourage people to run red lights, more to warn them of where to really watch their speed.

seem to have a lot of them up there might have to check calgarys

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
red light camera are a good and bad thing, saskatoon has 4 now, one i use to go through everyday............i have seen more people panic that its turning yellow when they are still clear to go through and they slam on the brakes and everyone almost rear ends them.......basically if you at speed and it turns yellow and you cant stop at a normal pase you can still go through,

in saskatoon they have huge signs about the cameras becuase you have to be made aware you are on camera in public places. but it would be nice if they would instruct people on the timing so they dont cause accidents trying not to get a ticket. Prince Albert has large led timers that are going for people walking but it also lets you know its going to turn yellow so you can adjust for it that way too.

Another thing saskatoon did on circle is they painted lines horizonaly and they have signs that speed limit is enforced by aircraft. and they have planes that fly around and if they see you speeding they can follow you with a camera and time how fast it takes you to go from one marker to the next and inform the police on the ground your speeding.

It sounds stupid but in the bad area apparently they have stoped alot of crimes with it.......... you would think a helecopter would be better but i think the plane is cheaper and they must have some crazy electronics on it.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish i could find the information i was sent in an email some time ago now.

the email contained information on a regional basis across canada as to who are the worste drivers by province.

congratulations ALBERTA we are number #1...in being the worset drivers in Canada.

il keep looking for the website that had the info, hopefuly i can find it again

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish i could find the information i was sent in an email some time ago now.

the email contained information on a regional basis across canada as to who are the worste drivers by province.

congratulations ALBERTA we are number #1...in being the worset drivers in Canada.

il keep looking for the website that had the info, hopefuly i can find it again

I would sure hope so, people are frickening terrible drivers here, I can't imagine it could get any worse. The thing about red light cameras is EVERY light is different for the length of yellow based on the speed, but truck routes are even longer. The intersections with the time for the crosswalk there is no reason to have a close call because you know, but otherwise it's tough to tell how long it's been flashing for. And if your 0.01 sec to late, you've got a ticket, not a good gamble to me :p

Top Bottom