Ecm questions 2007 m1000

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so im curious what the difference between the circle, triangle, and square ecms for my m1000 everyone seems to say the square is the better but no info on why, curious if anyone could shed light on this for me??

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so im curious what the difference between the circle, triangle, and square ecms for my m1000 everyone seems to say the square is the better but no info on why, curious if anyone could shed light on this for me??

all I know about them is they must match the same "shape" on the injectors, do NOT mix & match.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep, they are not interchangeable unfortunately. Too many reasons to list why. The shape is written right on the top of your ECM, bottom right-central area.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep, they are not interchangeable unfortunately. Too many reasons to list why. The shape is written right on the top of your ECM, bottom right-central area.
Ya you bet, so its it just mapping differences? Or?

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking for a circle ECM for a 2007 m1000. If you have one or know where I can get a used one would appreciate the info.

barring that, if I match the injectors to the ecm(say a square) will that work or is there more to consider? Thanks.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. From info I'm getting has to do with matching tolerances on the injectors to avoid too rich or lean on the fuel map. I've got a boon docker box and egts so I'll be able to keep an eye on things.

Top Bottom