Don't trust the packaging!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I boought a hitch and ball for my new truck the other day for Candian Tire. The packaging on the ball said 2", but it turned out to be 1-7/8" causing me to loose my trailer about a block from my house yesterday. Luckily, I didn't damage anything except the hooks on the safety chains.

Anyway, it wan't obvious to me to actually double check the size of the ball, so I thought I'd share this lesson learned.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I boought a hitch and ball for my new truck the other day for Candian Tire. The packaging on the ball said 2", but it turned out to be 1-7/8" causing me to loose my trailer about a block from my house yesterday. Luckily, I didn't damage anything except the hooks on the safety chains.

Anyway, it wan't obvious to me to actually double check the size of the ball, so I thought I'd share this lesson learned.

great advice, and a very good warning to everyone!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should always check your balls............................

Areed, but I'm not sure I can pull this off, so I may have to rely on a little help.

untitled.png

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Similar kinda story. Buddy ask another buddy to borrow his car trailer. There in Kitscoty Ab, traveling to Red Deer to get a car. Two fellows hook up to trailer & head for RD. Get car, come back. So owner of trailer noticed that his trailer never moved. Two guys dropped trailer back off, went about there day. Couple days later, owner of trailer says to borrowering buddy. You never took trailer, sure I did he replied. They took somebody else's trailer, but what was worse. Trailer they took has a 2 5/16", they used a 2" on the truck. Very luck it never came off either way, since they technially stole the trailer.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always look at the stamp on the ball. Paranoid about trailers coming free.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Similar kinda story. Buddy ask another buddy to borrow his car trailer. There in Kitscoty Ab, traveling to Red Deer to get a car. Two fellows hook up to trailer & head for RD. Get car, come back. So owner of trailer noticed that his trailer never moved. Two guys dropped trailer back off, went about there day. Couple days later, owner of trailer says to borrowering buddy. You never took trailer, sure I did he replied. They took somebody else's trailer, but what was worse. Trailer they took has a 2 5/16", they used a 2" on the truck. Very luck it never came off either way, since they technially stole the trailer.

Lol, that's pricesless! Wow, I can't believe they didn't lose the trailer - mine was only 1/8 undersized and I lost my trialer within a few hundred feet.

Top Bottom