Done for the season!!! Help

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
i have a 2010 grizzly, which smokes like a train, it's been under water more than once, but managed to keep her going, after many oil changes, etc, I thought it may be the rings r gone cuz it just doesn't seem to have the power it used to, done a compression test on it and the compression is about 64psi dry and 70 psi wet, the bike is stripped apart now all I have to do is remove the motor, maybe the valves r gone, but the motor is full of mud,so might as well pull that out too, lol, anybody have any ideas? Getting into the motor may be a little over my head but I'm gonna give it a world anyways

thx

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what exactly you are asking for??? How to rebuild? How to pull the engine? If to rebuild? Gotta be more specific.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First step... Learn lesson from above, next step hit kill switch quickly, 3rd step if the second step was not successful get dirty and take it apart, best way to learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is how i look at it.... its a 2010... 6 years old... your going to spend way more to get it in good shape again then what its worth to sell it...depends how far the rebuild has to go... if you do that you got to be prepared to take your loses.. cause if ever you sell you wont get that money out of her what you stuck into it fixing it.... maybe take your loses... and go get a machine with some nice power ...and better handling and such... there are many machines out there that if you rode them you would not want the grizz back... just sayin...

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
So what you are saying is fix it, and ride it like I stole it, once again, let's just put it this way I should have bought a boat, but that **** ain't as fun

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rebuilds are pretty cheap on top end anyways.
if its smoking its top end anyways.
you have to check your cylinder for any damage and if it doesn't have any then likely a set of rings will work. if the sleeve is worn you may need to have the cylinder bored out and put a slightly larger piston in it.
Quite likely you can also find a cylinder and head for a decent price.

I would just do rings if the cylinder looks good still "some hatching left" and then adjust your valves and see if the smoking stops.

also follow proper ring order or you will still see some smoking as it wont seal well.

GL. I did the top end of my 660 4 or 5 years ago now for under 600$. and that was with a High-comp piston and a new cylinder and the machining on it for 686.

Just rings will be cheap . the piston and overbore will likely run you another 250$ after that if needed.

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
ok I have another question, kinda stupid, I have the motor almost ready to come out , but my front and rear drive shafts, do I need to pull the different to remove the shafts from the motor, or maybe ok just not seeing it right

Top Bottom