Does anyone build an aftermarket overstructure that isnt a POS?

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 broken in 2 Years, time to look for something better! Looking for a billet one preferably, this cast aluminum is useless. Has anyone seen anything like this? Sled is 2012, not carbon fibre. 2013 overstructures aren't any better either

Last edited:

bbecker17

Reaction score
Just finished replacing mine yesterday, seems like a real high stress area, holding everything together so gets stressed from different directions, wouldn't be bad if the factory ones weren't $350, do agree though something stronger would be nice

rmscustom

Reaction score
How are you breaking them? I busted one last year but it was from a severe upside down impact all on the handle bars... I didn't consider it was broke because it was a weak point and I felt fortunate that was all that was broke.

Last edited:

bbecker17

Reaction score
i dont know how I broke mine I am assuming its from one of the many times the sleds been rolled, doesn't bother me much that it broke just wish it wasn't so expensive, or even if you could just replace the cast aluminum piece,

rmscustom

Reaction score
Yeah it is expensive but the worst part was the availability last year, back ordered for a month in Jan. Luckily an awesome guy named Matt Robinson in Missoula let me cannibalize his back up to keep me riding during a trip out in Lolo.

Last edited:

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure mine broke from hard landings, never rolled it onto anything hard anyway.

michaud2307

Reaction score
Look closely behind steering post bushing there is a 3/8 alu plate with reinforced backing and then those collar with teeths and top plate that secure back aluminium tube to casting which is only held by glue from factory. Virtually in breakable Making 20 of them right now.. Will make more if any interets.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom