do i have to cut fenders for biger tires

speenz21

Reaction score
i wanna put a set of 27x10x12 all around and i was wondering if i have to cut my back fenders to clear for the tires ..... i have a 2009 can am 650 im still undecided on tires... how do mudbugs perform to other tires my buddies runn mudzillas and silverbacks.... you guys hav told me alot about mudbugs i was just wondering if they wil keep up to my buddies..... thanks allot for all ur help .. also opento any other tire on the market thanks again

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should have no problem with that size of tire and you will definately not keep up to your buddy with the silverbacks in the mud

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Height-wise....no problems. Width will be an issue with stock wheels....the front tires will rub the tire-rod ends. You'll need spacers on the front.

Mudbugs are a great tire....but they won't chew mud with a Mudzilla, Silverback, or Outlaw. They are a LOT lighter though and your trail performance will be less affected. I'm a fan of the Mudbugs and the 'Zillas (not to be confused with Mudzillas) for the light weight and "real good" mud performance.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 28" Zillas on my Outlander, I never had to cut, trim, heat, or alter in any way. You may as well pull the fenders right off for the amount of mud they stop, be prepared to get dirty.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run 27x9x12 F 27x12x12 R on a outlander max 500 n0 problems fitting. [Swamperlites] some of my buddies run mudzillas,they win in the mud .

speenz21

Reaction score
I have 28" Zillas on my Outlander, I never had to cut, trim, heat, or alter in any way. You may as well pull the fenders right off for the amount of mud they stop, be prepared to get dirty.

what about kenda exacutioners

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to run heavy pure mud tires...go with Mudzillas, Silverbacks, or Outlaws. If you want decent mud tires that trail ride and won't kill performance due to weight, go with Mudbugs or Zillas.

Smidgy

Reaction score
The Executioners are okay, they have a heavy sidewall and deep lugs, but they are heavy. I agree with DaveB, go with Zillas or Mudbugs, you won't be disappointed.

+1 gotta love the maxxis tires, the zillas are a little smoother than the mud bugs at slow speeds but both are great tires. There are people that will chime in and say mudlite this or swamplite that, but trust me these are the tires to buy for mud/all around performance. If you want just a mud tire I would go with the HL Outlaw, it is lighter than both the mudzilla and silverback but has a good lug, the other two are good, but unsprung wieght is huge especially with a CVT so that is why I recommend the outlaw.

Top Bottom