disaster at BVJ

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not good news at all. we live west of stony about 50k wife said it picked up our 6x8 patio table and dumped it. glass everywhere. so i guess i know what i get to do tomorrow when i get home. on a better note it was beutiful in coquitlam all day today 28 and sunny slight breeze.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trees down, fences damaged, and patio furniture all over town here in Whitecourt too. The winds were very strong here too. Sorry to here about the BVJ death and injuries.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was having a great time at bvj until the wind and hail hit. Man it was fast when it hit, no warning what so ever. The sky was dead blue and in less than 20 seconds the wind hit, it turned brown / black and wow crap was fly-in every where. Chairs, awnings, coolers, dogs running, people running, then the lightning and thunder rolled in and the hail started. We battened down the hatches at the motor home, I stayed with the kids and the wify being a nurse headed to the stage area where they needed all the medical help they could get.

Even 2 hours after the storm people were still walking around in a daze.....

Glad to be home, feel sorry for the ones injured and the ones left to morn the loss of a loved one, things like this are not supposed to happen at a feel good event........ Just shows one who the real boss is and there ain't a darn thing you can do about it.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I just got home as well. My thoughts are with the family's and friends of the lady who passed, as well for all the injured, and lets hope the criticly injured get beter as well. lightning hit the 30' flag pole I had on my trailer, and wiped out my complete electrical system in my fifth wheel as well as my bran new generator. I cut my hand real bad and required stiches in the first aid area, wow! I was Impressed what a crew. Dr.Nichols and his assistants need to get two thumbs up, thanks for all your hard work and all the crews that worked to get all the injured out. I'll post more later, need to eat..:d

S

stripe

good to see you made it home safe hope you where able to have some fun with all the excitement going on

xrsrev

Reaction score
Thoughts and Prayers to the family that has lost the loved one! No words can explain what happened and how fast it happened! I was very impressed with the way it was handled except for the LITTLE OR NO WARNING! Hats Off to the event staff for providing assistance and information to the people in need! Our group was lucky and suffered no losses! I wish we could say that for everyone! I was completely furious with the drunk people that had no respect and were only worried about themselves and money and getting drunker! We couldnt get over to help at all but we did help security with hot coffee and food at 1 am! Those people put up with way too much bs from drunks wanting food from the market place or midway! Thanks to all the police, ems fire departments and bystanders who did their best to help others! Mayb next year these people should be recognized for the great effort to help save lives treat people! Thanks alot to all those others who grabbed cameras instead of blankets or offer shelter to those in need! This was a scary moment for all involved and the news doesnt do it justice!

JUST MY THOUGHTS ON A TERRIBLE END TO A GREAT WEEKEND!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i was west of gp on saturday at a outdoor wedding not a lick of rain or hail. hardly windy at all.

left to come home this saturday. got by fox creek heard it was raining hard in gp. :confused:

Top Bottom