Diesel Programmer issue

scottp

Reaction score
I have an 03 F350 with a 6.0 Powerstroke and an Edge programmer. Today,I took my dogs out to the dog park and when I went to leave the truck wouldn't start. The injectors didn't make their usual cycling noise and the glow plug light didn't come on either. What was odd was the programmer display stayed illuminated even with the key off, and all values showed zero, even the engine temp.
I disconnecting the programmer module from the harness to see if there was any dirt or corrosion on the contacts, which were clean, and after I reconnected it, the truck would start.
is this a programmer issue, or is there possibly something going on with the truck electronics that could caused this?
Any ideas?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it needs to be more consistent to find the issue. Keep using the programmer until it happens all the time. Id then leave the programmer disconnected and see if it does it. To me that is the only way to know for sure for an intermittent problem like this.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my 2004 6.0 with an early edge juice I think it was called, no start tried everything towed to dealer started right up... Got rid of truck 4 months after that but I'm guessing it was the edge. It did not do it again after that but I do remember it being an issue on forums.

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've bumped mine slightly loose and the same thing, unplug and plug back in and all is good. Both my edge and h&s have done it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an edge do this on my 03 duramax as well. It started out same as yours, then got worse, I'd be driving and truck would die. I pulled into Stettler for a wedding one day, prick died right as I pulled into a parking lot while with camper on. Disconnected and sent in, said it was fried and discounted a newer version.

I I had a vision of pulling Rogers pass with sled trailer and it dieing. Not smart, and I let it go way too long. Coulda been a bad deal for sure if it tatered in a scetchy spot

Top Bottom