December trip to Cooke City info

sebrook

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Planning trip to Cooke City in mid December. Looking for any recommendations on accomodations, riding areas, etc. First time for me but some of the guys thinking about it have been there before. Any comparisons to Revelstoke BC? Any info is welcomed. Thanks!!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing beats the Revelsotke snow but Cooke is a great place to go. The entire town is based on sledding and due to being at such a high elevation you are riding within minutes from town. The trails are wide and well marked which makes it nice for those who have never been. Once you park your truck in town it never starts again and you use your sled to drive to the restaurant and fuel pumps and the town is small enough you can just walk. The food is top drawer, drinks are cheap, and the soda butte has a dealer every night if you want to play poker. The weather can be cold so early in the morning be prepared for a cold ride up the trail. Our last trip superbowl weekend the snow was as deep as I have ever rode snowing every night with sun every day. The snow is light and fluffy though and did cause some intake problems as it seems to get in every crack. Sled dealers in town have parts on hand, rental sleds, and as are quick to help out and get you back on the trail if you wreck something...as I did on a blue bird day by finding a nasty rock under the snow. We will be back for sure. A Arm down.jpg

Doctor Mud

Reaction score
The Elkhorn Lodge is a great place to stay! We have been to Cooke City twice now and it is by far my favorite place to ride. The town and all the people are great!

Looms16

Reaction score
I'm also booked to come mid December with a few others to stay in Elkhorn Lodge. Just wanted to hear your guys take on the snow conditions this year in Cooke City? From what I'm getting on the Internet things dot seem to be to great

sorsy

Reaction score
We are headed down to cooke on the 13th of feb...just wondering if anyone has been down there recently and what the snow conditions are like?

Top Bottom