D7 -07 IKEA replacement

-Swede-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the back of my D7 i found that there was some IKEA styled plastic furniture to cover up the coolant hoses leading from the running boards to the back end of the tunnel where it connects to the tunnel cooler (don't know any technical terms since i'm swedish, so have mercy :D)
now thats fine... however, plastic has no place on what would otherwise be such a nice clean tunnel, so i thought, right, off you go then, and wouldn't you know underneath was the most hideously low-budget looking coolant hoses i have ever seen (would have never expected that from a polaris :D)
giving the sled a "nice" home... i mean shed built look i decided i had to do something, now since i'm such an imaginative fellow i couldn't really think of anything to do with them, so i figured i'd leave that up to you guys, hope any of you are as plastic-anti-semitic as i am

cheers in baltic beer :beer:
/Peter
CEO of Sweden

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the back of my D7 i found that there was some IKEA styled plastic furniture to cover up the coolant hoses leading from the running boards to the back end of the tunnel where it connects to the tunnel cooler (don't know any technical terms since i'm swedish, so have mercy :D)
now thats fine... however, plastic has no place on what would otherwise be such a nice clean tunnel, so i thought, right, off you go then, and wouldn't you know underneath was the most hideously low-budget looking coolant hoses i have ever seen (would have never expected that from a polaris :D)
giving the sled a "nice" home... i mean shed built look i decided i had to do something, now since i'm such an imaginative fellow i couldn't really think of anything to do with them, so i figured i'd leave that up to you guys, hope any of you are as plastic-anti-semitic as i am

cheers in baltic beer :beer:
/Peter
CEO of Sweden

Why bother covering it? She ain't a trailer queen, ride it hard with as few parts as possible. She's lightweight, even if she's ugly.

-Swede-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why bother covering it? She ain't a trailer queen, ride it hard with as few parts as possible. She's lightweight, even if she's ugly.

true true...

but here's where the U.S and Sweden differs (like it's the only point :D)

i don't trailride i freeride, with a short sled you say? yes, it's true. the snow conditions are a little bit different here, where as your freeriders are blessed with foot upon foot of fresh fluffy powder, in the swedish mountains you have a couple of feet of pow and lots of gnarly little trees
435535654_2f1e46d8d1birk.jpg

as you can imagine, a lot of smaller sapling just love to lie waiting just under the snow cover, catching on to anyting they can when you're driving up hill (luckily there is no risk for the skis catching on cause they are above snow) theese buggers could do some real damage since they are known to latch onto bags strapped to the tunnel.

so the cover isn't just cosmetic (but mostly :D) it's practical as well

if anyone has done anything similar, please post
otherwise i'll just go with modmans suggstion, as you say, it's not the appearance that counts.

/Swede :beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw up a pic of the area in question and then it will be easier for folks to give suggestions. Hard to picture it in my head.

Top Bottom