Custom broker

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good broker to use for bringing a sled from the states, I had one but can't seem to get a hold of him.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We did it ourselves too. In fact we broker across all of our shipments. We fill out all of our own B3's and cross in the commercial lanes when we are bringing our business products across the line.

I did use Norman G Jensen brokers when I had to do the TIB (Temporary Importation Bond) when I took my sled down to Skinz last summer and left it down there to be customized.

Jan

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what all does one have to do if I do it myself ie forms.
Can you pm me thanks

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are buy it from a dealer they will ship all your paper work to the border and u pay the gst at the border u will go in a they sit you down at a computer and fill out an online form they look over it and bammm your done

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't you have to register the VIN?? I was going to buy a trailer south and went all through this.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. That's the RIV part (Registrar of imported vehicles). Then it has to be safety inspected by.....of all places....Canadian Tire. LOL There are some other ones approved too, but that's the most common one.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
What I did when I wanted to get the info right from the source is I talked to the border agents on both sides. I called the border agents on both the US and Canadian side at the port that we would be crossing at and got the info right from the horses mouth so to speak. Because we use this port so often I also stopped on one of our trips back and forth and talked to them.

You have to properly export your sled from the US before you can import it to Canada. You will need to know if the state that you are exporting from is a titling or non-titling state. The border agents can look this up for you.

The best advise I can give is call both sides of the port you are crossing at and get the info straight from them. I can't stress this enough alot of us have done it but little things change and you want to be up to date on the latest changes that they have made.

It is not impossible and is a pretty straight forward process just understand the process do the paper work and you will be golden.

Jan

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I did when I wanted to get the info right from the source is I talked to the border agents on both sides. I called the border agents on both the US and Canadian side at the port that we would be crossing at and got the info right from the horses mouth so to speak. Because we use this port so often I also stopped on one of our trips back and forth and talked to them.

You have to properly export your sled from the US before you can import it to Canada. You will need to know if the state that you are exporting from is a titling or non-titling state. The border agents can look this up for you.

The best advise I can give is call both sides of the port you are crossing at and get the info straight from them. I can't stress this enough alot of us have done it but little things change and you want to be up to date on the latest changes that they have made.

It is not impossible and is a pretty straight forward process just understand the process do the paper work and you will be golden.

Jan

To add to this, get the names of the people you talk to as well. I had an issue at the border once with a sled and I got a completely different rendition there than I did over the phone. Until I got into the head honcho's office at US customs at that crossing, I thought the deal was dead in the water. He got it straightened out and there never really was an issue.

Top Bottom