Curious

BartD

Reaction score
What are the holes drilled into the gound for? They have litle wires sticking out of em and got a permit number nailed to the tree closest to it. If i recall correctly is says geostrata or some thing on them. I guess the reall question is if its okay to ride around them. BTW this is in the fairview and hines creek area

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sound like sysmech holes,and i think the little wires sticking out are probabaly connected to the explosives at the bottom of the hole..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the holes drilled into the gound for? They have litle wires sticking out of em and got a permit number nailed to the tree closest to it. If i recall correctly is says geostrata or some thing on them. I guess the reall question is if its okay to ride around them. BTW this is in the fairview and hines creek area
seismic testing, they put explosives in the holes and set them off. they record the resulting vibrations using geophones to search for pockets of oil or gas underground. the results determine whether the oil company builds a lease and moves in a drilling rig.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hook up your cell phone battery to the wires, and see what happens! :D
+2 on Seismic pots.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, can one pull the wires out and get the explosives for fishing :eek: cause me an bogger would like to do some red neck sports....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure just twist wires together so they don't get static electrical charge, you should be good to go. let bogger set them off on a car battery along way away. fish on

Top Bottom