Crown land usage survey

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Like most government surveys, this one is very poorly written/worded and answers given could easily be interpreted contrary to the participants intended thoughts.....

I completed it but was very careful to explain all my answers. I typed a lot regarding fuel taxes paid to roads/infrastructure we are not permitted to use as well as annual registrations. I want to see roadway ROW's opened up to legal OHV use. In some areas we are lucky that they do not enforce this (Parkland & Lac St.Anne Counties are good) bu it is still not "legal" and it should be.

Reactions: RXN

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They act like we don’t pay anything now. I pay over $200/ year just for plates.....they just suck into their endless wasteland coffer fund.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stressed to them that license plate fees should go to support the sport that generates the money and not into general revenue like it does now. Also mentioned that there should be a gasoline tax rebate on fuel used for motorized recreation much like Montana has.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
They act like we don’t pay anything now. I pay over $200/ year just for plates.....they just suck into their endless wasteland coffer fund.

I made sure to put that in my response - current registration fees should be put towards trail development and maintenance not general government revenue....

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bogger;[URL="tel:2857368" said:
2857368[/URL]]I made sure to put that in my response - current registration fees should be put towards trail development and maintenance not general government revenue....
I did too, you were spot on with your analysis, ps.....I’m a transgender Indian wink wink

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stressed to them that license plate fees should go to support the sport that generates the money and not into general revenue like it does now. Also mentioned that there should be a gasoline tax rebate on fuel used for motorized recreation much like Montana has.

I mentioned that as well.
All OHV registration money needs to be 100% put into OHV trail systems and riding areas.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mentioned that as well.
All OHV registration money needs to be 100% put into OHV trail systems and riding areas.

Well that is a great idea!

I wouldn’t feel as bad paying the fees each year.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Completed as well and stated that the funds from registration could go up a bit and then all users should get an automatic membership to the associated club, with the money going back to the AOHV or ASA. They can control where the funds go by local clubs applying for grants. No more plates, stickers like BC or other provinces

Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom