crossfire 6 and 8 cans

crossfire 6

Reaction score
i have a 2008 crossfire 600 and a 2007 crossfire 800 and i was just wondering if anyone knew any different brands of cans.. doesnt have to be quiet :d but im looking for something that gives me good weight savings and possibly a hp increase.. any suggestions?

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a MBRP can on my 06 Crosssfire 6, sounds awesome, and everyone tells me they can definately HEAR me. Cant say if there was a difference in HP as I changed it over before we had snow. Bought it from Mountain Magic in Edmonton. Just my thoughts on it......:d:Snowmobile1::i_need_snow:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No HP gains from CF aftermarket cans. Some even cause HP losses. Do your homework. Spend your money on real performance parts or other weight saving items.

crossfire 6

Reaction score
No HP gains from CF aftermarket cans. Some even cause HP losses. Do your homework. Spend your money on real performance parts or other weight saving items.

actually for your information, MBRP claims a 2 hp increse so maybe do your homework

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually for your information, MBRP claims a 2 hp increse so maybe do your homework

That's why I said do your homework. Everyone claims something. Hmm, 2 HP. Put it on a Dyno and see what happens. You asked for opinions and I gave you one. Good luck.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
i have a 2008 crossfire 600 and a 2007 crossfire 800 and i was just wondering if anyone knew any different brands of cans.. doesnt have to be quiet :d but im looking for something that gives me good weight savings and possibly a hp increase.. any suggestions?

Jaws has a can for the 800, sounds awesome!! Weight 5 lbs. Not sure if the
M6 can would work on the C6 though?

1hellion

Reaction score
RUMBLE PACK SILENCER by SNO STUFF will give you about 5-8 hp and about 10 pounds of dead weight! I have one on my 03 rev 800 sounds great! If you go on youtube.com you can hear what they sound like.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, your still gaining hp, not losing any

Every manufacturer claims hp gains with their product, otherwise less people would buy them. Most cans give you zero to minus ??hp gains If you want power, look at other options (pipe, reeds, airbox, etc), but if you want to loose a few pounds and hear a different sound, get a can. Talk to any mechanic at a custom sled shop and they will tell you the same story.

My MBRP can on my 08 Summit definately weighs less than the suitcase stock exhaust, but no gains in power. Mountain sleds are even touchier because what makes power at lower elevations might not at 8000'. Most of the major manufacturers dyno at sea level, which is not an accurate setup for anyone west of Ontario.

I would also suggest that you do some searching of the forums here on S&M about cans and hp gains. You may have been able to save yourself from looking like you have no idea what you are talking about if you did a quick search before spouting off like you know what you are talking about. Sorry to be so harsh, but ZRrrr is definately right with his comments and seems to be a pretty knowledgeable guy around here.

crossfire 6

Reaction score
definately going to take a look at the jaws and sno stuff rumble pack cans.. i heard the rumble pack and there loud as sled, so most likely going to go with the rumble pack.. thank for everyones input

Top Bottom