Crankcase vent

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Hey there all, I am doing away with the air box on my 07 Kodiak and everything was going good till we tried figuring out what to do with the vent hose that dumps into the airbox that comes right off the top of the head. At first we were going to route it back into the intake tube but now we are thinking it should be on the outside of the filter:confused: any suggestions would be a help thanks

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be better outside the filter makin sure it has enough air volume to draw from, i mean dont restrict it too much.

T

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
you will need a filter for it, or reroute it to your intake, are you saying it wasnt filtered before you took it apart? usually they piggyback onto the intake to use its already filtered air.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear why your removing the airbox in the first place but I would then place the vent as high as possible to prevent water getting in. Also some models have vent hoses from the diffs that you could do the same thing for. My Kodiak has closed vents for the diffs if you know what I mean. Still has the little hose but its closed off after a couple of inches. Not sure if that helps. :confused:

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
I took the airbox out to gain some room for bigger pipe for my snorkels, the way I had it before the seat was crushing the rear belt snorkel. Im gonna run a KN filter up on the snorkel on the front.

Top Bottom