cost of beacon rental

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are heading to valemount this weekend. we had ordered beacons about 2 weeks ago and they haven't arived yet. so just incase they don't come in time just wanted to get an idea of what a rental cost for 2 days. thanks alot. can you also rent shovels? because i know i will be getting stuck. our shovels are in the mail with the beacons. if you can't i will just pic up a cheap plastic one from princess auto for 7 bucks.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are heading to valemount this weekend. we had ordered beacons about 2 weeks ago and they haven't arived yet. so just incase they don't come in time just wanted to get an idea of what a rental cost for 2 days. thanks alot. can you also rent shovels? because i know i will be getting stuck. our shovels are in the mail with the beacons. if you can't i will just pic up a cheap plastic one from princess auto for 7 bucks.

here ya go give them a call.I also know Elk Island Sales in Fort Sask rent the out it for $30/day

Alpine Country Rentals - Snowmobile Rentals and Snowmobile Tours in Valemount, British Columbia, near Jasper, Canada

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those cheap plastic ones will not dig your buddy out if he is buried in av.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with the UofA.

I used to rent from the UofC and get a prob, shovel and beacon. All of it came out to like 30$/day. The shovel was a BCA shovel too.

Reserve them early though. U of C had some issues of keepign them stock and if you didn't get them reserved early enough you would be left out.

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just need to rent one becon we have an old anolog one. hasnt alpine country rentals moved?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome thanks alot. i think we will just rent one in valemount because we won't be going through edmonton till monday and the places will be closed.

i know a plastic one won't do as good but i don't want to spend $60.00 on a shovel, when i already bought one. but i will rent one for sure.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe its just a typo on there website, but why would i want to pay a $200.00 damage deposit on a probe and another $200.00 on a shovel. both those items maybe cost $60.00 each. i can understand the $300.00 for the beacon. anyone know if this is just a misprint.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe its just a typo on there website, but why would i want to pay a $200.00 damage deposit on a probe and another $200.00 on a shovel. both those items maybe cost $60.00 each. i can understand the $300.00 for the beacon. anyone know if this is just a misprint.

Alpine is also Napa, as you get to Vale go under the NEW big sign, on the right side of the road arcoss from the shell, Beside the loose moose, A&W, cant miss it.{ this is a peice or art } all the way to the end of the road over the track turn left. 7 seconds on the right. Great ppl there. Not sure about the DD on the shovel probe backpack.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Equipment Co-op rents ....shovels and props....I think it was 8 a day or ?? for the weekend for the beacons....they had Trackers and Orthovox F1

They also have an ad on there web site for Free Rentals

Avalanche Safety Package Rental

As part of our ongoing support of the Canadian Avalanche Centre (CAC) and backcountry safety, members participating in Avalanche Skills Training (AST) courses are eligible for a free avalanche safety package rental in our Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Montreal stores.

Contact the rentals desk at these stores for details.

Vancouver: 604.872.7858
Edmonton: 780.488.6614
Calgary: 403.269.2420
Montreal: 514.788.5878

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
The shell in Valemount will rent beacon (sos) and probe for around $30/ weekend. Get one as soon as you pull into town because they can rent out. They are also available across the street at Tags for the same amount. See if you can borrow a shovel. Have fun!:d:beer::beer:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks alot guys. luckily my beacon, probe and shovel showed up in the mail today. now i just got to try out the beacon to make sure i know how to use it. i got the tracker beacon and from watching videos it looks very easy to use.

Big twin

Reaction score
Your tracker is fast on single locates. Depending on antena position the flux wave you are locating may take you in a round about approach to the beacon, this is normal. Make sure you practice with multiples and it will pause when moving too fast, just wait for it and all is good. Study the manual well.

Top Bottom