Corbin Staging Area / Flathead Conditions?

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope it's good. One of my favorite places to ride but haven't gotten there once this year due to a new baby. Post a couple pics if you get a chance.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hydro

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there..... Saturday and Sunday were the best days riding I've ever had; although I only started riding this year. Regardless, I've had a few powder days in Golden and Revy, but nothing like Saturday and Sunday. I didn't get my hopes up at the parking lot, as it was pouring rain, but all was forgotten as soon as we hit the cabin and 3+ feet of fresh everywhere! We went back up on Sunday to another foot or so overnight, and most of my tracks from the day before were covered. Finally got to experience the world renowned Fernie Pow, and rode till my fingers bled from pin'n it wide open hold'n on for dear life.

I've found a new favorite area!

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
We rode up by the new cabin all day today in 2 feet of fresh wet snow. Conditions are great for this time of year, Viz was dull with some sunny breaks. At the end of the day it started to rain/sleet up high, hopefully it dumps over night. Plenty of fresh still to be had! I'll post pics tomorrow.

Hurry up and get out there cuz i dont know how long these conditions are gonna last.

Cheers

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what conditions are like? If I head out Monday will there be good enough snow to get in?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's raining right now in Sparwood and look like snow just above us. Monday is +7, Tuesday +11 . I hope that helps.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a bit of a dice roll. Could be awesome if it's snow or terrible if it's rain! U think fernie is better? Calgary is 10 today and supposed to be 21 on Tuesday so I'm desperate to sneak in one more ride

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is lots of snow! The trails are a little slushy in the sunshine and the basins are getting lots of solar radiation by the afternoon but in the trees it is awesome. A great day of riding today!

Sounds like its still worth the trip out then! Thanks for the info ferniesnow!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sounds like its still worth the trip out then! Thanks for the info ferniesnow!

These two pictures were taken on Thursday, April 3rd. Snow like this can be had if one knows where to look for it. I've had an awesome 3 days in Elkford and the only thing missing is a blue bird sky!

MVI_2963.jpg MVI_2963-1.jpg

Top Bottom